Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Have you had your recall work done yet?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you had your recall work done yet?

I called Cub Shaver in Illinois to schedule my recall visit. The service guy that I spoke to has no idea that the Evo has been recalled. He said, "Well, my manager is on vacation and he probably knows about it". I am scheduled for this Friday morning. The recall notice says that it takes 30 minutes, but I don't want to spend an hour there while they figure out what to do.

Have you been to the dealer yet for your repair? How long did it take?
Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:57 AM

What is this recall concerning.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I have. The recall isn't really a big deal. It has something to do with some insulation so water doesn't get to some electrical parts in the passenger floor. All they need to do is check if it is insulated well from the factory and if not they'll insulate it better. There has a big thread about about this about a month ago so you might want to do a search. My post about this got locked because it has been covered already.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Recall

I have the notice and I read the other thread. I am not questioning the recall, but I want to know if 30 minutes (as mentioned in the notice) is reasonable. I am scheduled for 7:15 this Friday morning and I am looking to skip town and begin my three-day weekend!

I just got the notice yesterday as it was forwarded from the address I used when I bought my car. I figured that some of you probably had the work done already and I wanted a time estimate.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Recall

Originally posted by xphillipjrx
I have the notice and I read the other thread. I am not questioning the recall, but I want to know if 30 minutes (as mentioned in the notice) is reasonable. I am scheduled for 7:15 this Friday morning and I am looking to skip town and begin my three-day weekend!

I just got the notice yesterday as it was forwarded from the address I used when I bought my car. I figured that some of you probably had the work done already and I wanted a time estimate.
I understand. Well basically, your car just needs to be checked out. If the car is insulated well already from the factory, it will only take them about 30min assuming they check out your car immediately once you get in there. If they need to do some work, it will take them between 2-3 hours to complete the job as this is how long it took mine to get done.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, it might take em 30 mins to look at the car. But it'll take them 15 minutes to process you and que up your car when you arrive. And it will take them 15 minutes to wash the car, explain what they found to you, and process your paperwork.

Don't bet on getting in and out in less than an hour.

SC~
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:22 AM

2-3 hours? Mine was fixed in 1/2 hour.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

insulated isn't the best word....it is a sealing problem....by the four tires there are places that water can get in the car....all they do is seal these cracks with a squeeze tube takes about 5 minutes once they finally get your car up on a lift...the paperwork and other stuff takes longer...you should be out in 30-45 min....i got mine done last week.....
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
Yep, it might take em 30 mins to look at the car. But it'll take them 15 minutes to process you and que up your car when you arrive. And it will take them 15 minutes to wash the car, explain what they found to you, and process your paperwork.

Don't bet on getting in and out in less than an hour.

SC~
damn they washed yours???? they didn't wash my car
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

My dealership told me that it will take 2 hours to inspect and I will have to leave it overnight if they have to perform the recall.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

the day I baught my EVO I called mitsu of america and had them run my VIN and I was ok turns out it was only a recall on the first batch or so of evo's
Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

took my to the dealer last week and for about 1.5 hours
Old Aug 25, 2003, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

I had mine done Last week. The dealer guys didn't know anything about the recall. I got a letter in the mail from Mitsu and I brought it in with me. They fixed the problem
Old Aug 25, 2003, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

took mine in today it took about 1 hr including an oil change.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I almost want to just drop my car off Thursday night and have them call me on Friday when it's ready. I'd rather read magazines as I ride the train home and back to the dealer than sit there. It's in BFE and not even close to a mall. I will them if they try keeping it during a holiday weekend!