Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

FEELER: Trading Evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FEELER: Trading Evo

Ok guys, I have an EVO 9 MR (mods on sig), with 32k miles on it and I am thinking of trading it in for a new car, I am trying to keep the same monthly payment that I am currently making, without adding too much money to the new loan (in comparison to the loan that I currently have for the evo). I am thinking of getting a 2008 R32, the guy at the dealership said he could work a lot of things out for me if i get a 2008, because the 09's are in.
I don't know if i am tired of the evo, but it feels to me that I've gotten bored of it. Besides, I'd need to buy a new clutch, as well as a suspension, since mine seems to be shot.
or if its not the R32, what would you guys get as opposed to the evo?

Of course, there is still big chance of keeping the evo.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I go through this almost monthly ,I all the sudden get the urge to sell my car or to try something new. Then i realize when i get in my evo start it , drive it , waste pretty much whatever rolls up next to me how much i love the $hit outta my car,,,, i love looking at it i love driving it i love the way it out performs cars that are worth three times as much , i just had to replace the tranny on mine and its back to being the beast it was before now im back in love with it again , it seems like every time some little thing goes wrong with any of our cars it makes us think its time to change it up.
Then we realize that there isnt a replacement for an evo ''the only guy that can BEAT an evo is the guy driving an EVO'' seriously what can you replace this car with , in my mind there is nothing and ive tried all the flavors, . +1 for mitsubishi and their army of 4G63's.

Last edited by getsideways; Aug 26, 2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:42 AM
BBS
Evolved Member

The R32 really doesn't offer too much performance per dollar. It is leaps and bounds better in terms of civility and build quality. The torque is a refreshing change but when you start to really get into the bandwith, you might find it lackluster.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

I dont think its time to trade it in, its time to drop a little cash and add some more mods! Maybe an FP green or the new red. Make the car scare you little again, and it fun again. The clutch is no big deal, and the suspension you can find stock replacments on here cheap, or get something nice. There are endless post on here people selling their car and wishing the didnt...... just my .02
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

a buddy of mine has the new r32... i really do not like the car at all.. doesnt do anything for me...
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

I have an 07 GTI ,and I test drove an R32. THey are very luxurious, and they sound amazing, and yeah there's torque but I simply can't be without a manual transmission. Or else I wouldn't be trading my car for an EVO tomorrow!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:51 PM

Good luck
Old Aug 27, 2008, 02:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by getsideways
I go through this almost monthly ,I all the sudden get the urge to sell my car or to try something new. Then i realize when i get in my evo start it , drive it , waste pretty much whatever rolls up next to me how much i love the $hit outta my car,,,, i love looking at it i love driving it i love the way it out performs cars that are worth three times as much , i just had to replace the tranny on mine and its back to being the beast it was before now im back in love with it again , it seems like every time some little thing goes wrong with any of our cars it makes us think its time to change it up.
Then we realize that there isnt a replacement for an evo ''the only guy that can BEAT an evo is the guy driving an EVO'' seriously what can you replace this car with , in my mind there is nothing and ive tried all the flavors, . +1 for mitsubishi and their army of 4G63's.

You've got me nailed with this post.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

03-04 cobra. im sure u cud a good one for wat ur paying or less. if i didnt live in chicago and cud drive a rwd car like that year round id love to have one. as far as evo vs r32...overall id say stick with the evo, youll prolly end up regretting it if you dont. good luck.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 05:37 PM

does the car have modified springs? I'm surprised the suspension is shot at only 32k miles, do you auto-x the car? The clutches go quick on these cars, kinda like the tires.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 06:53 PM

R32 can't compare the preformerce with EVO!!!