Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BRAND NEW evo 9 MR spotted

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
BRAND NEW evo 9 MR spotted

i went to victorville mitsubishi to check out some cars for the lady... (same place i purchased my RS from).... as i pulled up to the showroom, i instantly noticed a IX MR sitting in there..... i went inside and scoped it out.. a big red tag stated it was sold... so i asked further......

aparently, this MR has been in their showroom for 2 years now (it was there when i bought my rs 1 1/2 years ago, so 2 years doesnt seem to far off).... nobody bought it, so the owner of the dealership did a check, and found it is the LAST 9 RR MR in the US that hasnt been sold.... so he purchased it, and is gonna sit on it for a few years and sell it for a premium.....

a few sales asociates said a man came in like 2 months back with $65k in a briefcase and asked to purchase the evo...the owner declined the offer... i wouldnt have believed it if they didnt all say they were there when it happened...

just thought id share all this.. i thought it was interesting
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damm playa thats deep 9s are the **** and im not saying that cuz im a 9 owner and 8s are bad *** to
Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If i had 65k in a briefcase i could guarantee i would not be using the $$$ for an EVO IX..

Unless of course if it was the EVO IX MR that was 1 of 1 and ran 8's bone stock and never broke i might consider it.. LOL
Old Aug 28, 2008, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
If i had 65k in a briefcase i could guarantee i would not be using the $$$ for an EVO IX..

Unless of course if it was the EVO IX MR that was 1 of 1 and ran 8's bone stock and never broke i might consider it.. LOL
+1
Old Aug 28, 2008, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

hahahaha... i pretty much told them the same thing! and that the owner was stupid not to take the money!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure about the $65k in a briefcase comment. Remember, you heard this from a car salesman!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

I would give him 65K for a new IX MR, as long as the rest of the dealership was included.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 03:56 AM
Evolving Member

I can get one for 26k It wont be new but its a RR MR with 27k miles. ahaha
Old Aug 28, 2008, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SHhhhh
Not sure about the $65k in a briefcase comment. Remember, you heard this from a car salesman!
Exactly. Thats the kind of bull$hit you should expect from a salesman... He's hoping that you would buy it for over 65k. That salesman would definitely make bank
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

As a rule, it's good to take anything a car salesman says with a grain of salt. $65k is awfully close to the GT-R's msrp

[Not to say that any gt-rs are being sold for msrp, but still.....]
Old Aug 28, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

^ that
Old Aug 28, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

65k for a 9??????? I don't think that's true from their end!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
It is not new if the owner purchased it. It is now a 1 owner, super low mile IX MR.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaliMR
It is not new if the owner purchased it. It is now a 1 owner, super low mile IX MR.
He brings up a good point...
Old Aug 28, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vipers
i went to victorville mitsubishi to check out some cars for the lady... (same place i purchased my RS from).... as i pulled up to the showroom, i instantly noticed a IX MR sitting in there..... i went inside and scoped it out.. a big red tag stated it was sold... so i asked further......

aparently, this MR has been in their showroom for 2 years now (it was there when i bought my rs 1 1/2 years ago, so 2 years doesnt seem to far off).... nobody bought it, so the owner of the dealership did a check, and found it is the LAST 9 RR MR in the US that hasnt been sold.... so he purchased it, and is gonna sit on it for a few years and sell it for a premium.....

a few sales asociates said a man came in like 2 months back with $65k in a briefcase and asked to purchase the evo...the owner declined the offer... i wouldnt have believed it if they didnt all say they were there when it happened...

just thought id share all this.. i thought it was interesting
the funny part is that you actually believe something that came out of a salesman's mouth. They are the biggest bull**** artists on the planet.

Quick Reply: BRAND NEW evo 9 MR spotted