Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Loaner Cars?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2003, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loaner Cars?

I need to take my Evo in for the recall, and also alignment, rear door adjustment (paint chip issue) and steering wheel shaking under breaking over 60mph (warped rotors already? ). I called my dealer and they said they don't provide loaner cars anymore, Mitsu won't pay for them. Is this bull****? I just paid them $30k for a car that has all these problems, and they won't spring $30 for a rental? They said they could drive me back if I were local, but I'm not, I'm like 1/2 hour away. Is this typical or does my dealer just suck worse than some?

Am I assuming correctly that it will take more than a couple hours to do this work?
Old Aug 26, 2003, 02:13 PM
slt
Evolved Member

Re: Loaner Cars?

Originally posted by BigBoogieman
steering wheel shaking under breaking over 60mph
Let me know how that turns out, mine does the same thing.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
The service manager at my dealership told me that they would have to have the car for more than 8 hours to issue a loaner.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

my dealership told that dont do loaner car but will pay half for your rental
Old Aug 26, 2003, 02:42 PM

That sucks. Can you see if a different dealer will do it for you? You may have to drive further but you would at least have a car.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

I call BS.!!! Ive had my car in a couple times for service and they are required to pay for the rental..... Its up to the service manager whether they get you a rental or not....
Old Aug 26, 2003, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

If the car is 02 model year or newer (which it is) Mitsu should cover the cost of the rental. Trust me, they won't pay much. Common rentals are a 4-door auto Focus with power nothing, and Saturns with no tape deck.

You can pay to upgrade of course, and Mitsu will still cover the amount of the base rental. They go through Enterprise around here.

Of course, you need to be 25 for a rental as well.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks, I thought it sounded unreasonable. I really don't feel like I should have to pay anything at all, since the car was broken when they sold it to me. I'm going to call MMUSA & see what they say about it.

Really, I feel they should come pick my car up at work & drop it back off when they're done, but maybe that's asking a bit too much