Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo S-AFC II

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2003, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo S-AFC II

Does anyone have the Apexi S-AFC II? If so where did you guys mount yours? Pics would be awesome
Old Aug 26, 2003, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Evo S-AFC II

Originally posted by the evo wins
Does anyone have the Apexi S-AFC II? If so where did you guys mount yours? Pics would be awesome
In the lower open tier (cubby). I installed a metal plate, and then attached (glued) a piece of velcro to it. Got the velcro kit from Home Depot. So when I want to use it (tune or make changes) ... i just remove the SAFC head unit off the velcro holder (back of SAFC headunit has velcro) I made, and I can use it in my hand opposed to trying to play with the joystick control while mounted (probably not so easy with the joystick control that is on the SAFC 2) -- looks nice! As far as the chord, I just tuck it back up in the open tier when I re-stick the head unit back onto the velcro holder. I'll try and take some pics 4 u this week if u are interested.

Last edited by evo1; Aug 28, 2003 at 06:47 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, post some pics, sounds sweet
Old Aug 27, 2003, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was a gentleman who had a sweet mounting job. I'm not totally for sure if he was on here but he had it mounted right in the ceiling where the dome light was located it was phat. The S-AFC II we have in the EVO here at the shop is mounted in the little cubby under the Climate Control gages. I would like to see different mounting options also.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

I leave it in my glove box.

People are stealing them like crazy around here.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

http://www.buschurracing.com/EVO8_AFC_LARGE.jpg Here you go guys this is the shop install job. thought you might like to see.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah thats the afc 1 i've already seen a lot of pics...we are talkin about the afc2
Old Aug 28, 2003, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Evo S-AFC II

Originally posted by the evo wins
I shove up under the dashboard it's out of sight and not tempting somebody but it got scratched a good bit. Some times I put it under the driver's seat. Out of sight, out of mind.....