Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Finding a Evo is frustrating.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found my 06 MR last Sept with only 3900 miles on it and got it for 28k out the door. Before that i searched for about 3 months and couldnt find anything i liked. Much like you, mine had to be a IX, low miles for a reasonable price with little or no mods. I didnt really set a hard price range as i figured i'd let the miles/mods/condition would dictate what i would pay. I test drove everything from beat up **** to a brand new one that i found on a lot in Ohio. I originally didnt want an MR and actually found a regular IX with the SSL package with 6k miles, excellent condition for 26k. A week later i found my MR with less miles on it for only 2k more and decided that was the better deal. It was actually cool cuz i told a friend about the SSL one that i found the week after i bought my MR and he went out that weekend and bought the SSL since it was still a good deal. Good luck
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your problem is you are only looking local. Evo 9's are almost 3 years old now, so it is going to be hard to find one with low miles, that is also nicely modded and very well taken care of.

Here is one example though, if you are willing to go out of state.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=367756
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

i feel ya....i think there's probably one evo 8/9 for sale in michigan
Old Sep 7, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

you'd be surprised just have to out and look. local searches might not yield to many but 100 miles out and you could find a few. mine was in mass and i was stationed in kentucky luckly the mitsu dealer in louisville was willing to work with me.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow I though my search was frustrating. It took me 3-4 months to find my Evo. I bought it with 12k miles and at the time that was the lowest mileage Evo I could find within 100 miles. I dont drive much but in the 3 months ive owned it I put around 2.5k miles on it which is more than I put on my Integra in a year lol.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 02:46 PM

I feel your pain. I'm having a hard time looking for an IX MR especially in the color I want. Been looking for only a month though, but I am a very patient person.

Can anyone explain why the 6 speed transmission in the MR is wack? Is it too easy miss a shift or something?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by docdang
I feel your pain. I'm having a hard time looking for an IX MR especially in the color I want. Been looking for only a month though, but I am a very patient person.

Can anyone explain why the 6 speed transmission in the MR is wack? Is it too easy miss a shift or something?
The 6 speed will overheat if you track the car alot . Basically, 6 gears crammed into a 5 speed housing. I couldn't tell how many failed 6 speeds I've seen get sent out to be built 5 speeds.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by docdang

no it just doesn't handle too much power well as the 5 speed. oh and Cali is a good place to find evos. There is an abundance of them there. lucky.

Lol guys I know you say look out of my local area and all, but I am a full time student(15 hours) and work part time(about 30hrs). I absolutely have no time. I rarely have time to do my hw and study. I cram all that on Sunday.

Really I wouldn't mind buying a evo with 30k miles, but my pops is pretty firm with the under 20k miles deal.

Last edited by [Advance]; Sep 7, 2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
I found my 06 MR last Sept with only 3900 miles on it and got it for 28k out the door. Before that i searched for about 3 months and couldnt find anything i liked. Much like you, mine had to be a IX, low miles for a reasonable price with little or no mods. I didnt really set a hard price range as i figured i'd let the miles/mods/condition would dictate what i would pay. I test drove everything from beat up **** to a brand new one that i found on a lot in Ohio. I originally didnt want an MR and actually found a regular IX with the SSL package with 6k miles, excellent condition for 26k. A week later i found my MR with less miles on it for only 2k more and decided that was the better deal. It was actually cool cuz i told a friend about the SSL one that i found the week after i bought my MR and he went out that weekend and bought the SSL since it was still a good deal. Good luck
badasss deal.

I went to the stealership last week. Went to go look at this immaculate WW Evo IX MR with 13k miles. The price was almost right to negotiatable. F*cking when I get there, it sold. The person who bought it was there a few hours early...
Old Sep 7, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheBlueBlur
Your problem is you are only looking local. Evo 9's are almost 3 years old now, so it is going to be hard to find one with low miles, that is also nicely modded and very well taken care of.

Here is one example though, if you are willing to go out of state.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=367756
Your evo is beyond immaculate. it's divine. lol I am not joking! But yea just really my big problem is the out of state thing.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by [Advance]
Your evo is beyond immaculate. it's divine. lol I am not joking! But yea just really my big problem is the out of state thing.
Well, if you change your mind let me know. Buying out of state is not as much of a hassle as you think. My brother bought his 911 Turbo from Cali, and the process was smooth as silk.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:03 PM

I have the same problem, only I can't even find one to test drive locally. Can't buy for another few months but I will be prepared to fly where ever. Good luck man.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A descent priced IX is hard to find. I got a screaming deal on mine but took quite awhile to find it. Just be hold out and something will show up.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
watch as the demand for 8s and 9s skyrocket in a couple years.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

I appreciate it guys. But I am losing patience. I MIGHT even go for a X, if it's affordable. lol.

Flame on.