Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Finding a Evo is frustrating.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 03:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you will find one eventually man... i was going to get a IX as well but found a low mileage 2005 VIII in my area and jumped on it im happy
Old Sep 8, 2008, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

I am selling my evo 9 mr, 7800 miles
Old Sep 8, 2008, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

how much you willing to spend?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

my '06 IX has 15k miles and is 100% stock. There's tons of us out there that take care of our stock evos and don't rag on them much, but after only 2 years i don't think most of thes evo owners are thinking about selling yet.

Even when they do go on sale they seem to get picked up pretty quickly. It's been said before in this thread - definitely start by expanding your search area. A great evo at a great price is worth spending $150 on a plane ticket to go see.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

You may want to try South Coast Mitsub. here in Costa Mesa - they typically have more than a few...most are dogged on but there are occasional finds moreso than in smaller markets. Friend from Texas found '06 RS here in LA with 8K miles last summer for $28,000 with boltons, tanabe suspension, 18" wheels, JDM rear, etc. It was as clean as my new 06.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Depends on the area where you live, EVO will become rare 8's 9's just wait another 2-3 years, of course nothing like supra's but they will hold the value, and it will be very hard to find an evo in stock form.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo's are a pretty rare car period.

Be willing to be patient and wait until you find the perfect one or have your traveling money ready.

I waited months and months before I found mine. Had to drive about 3 hours to get it.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:31 PM

I looked for several months too. Basically, I decided that I was going to drive the car back from anywhere in the US if I found the right one, and just started searching the national pool. I found one here on EvoM. I live in Cincinnati and I drove 14.5 hours to New Hampshire (with a one way rental car) and drove the EVO home. It was in pristine shape, low miles, never driven in the rain, kept stock, owned by an older man, etc.

I would stay away from dealerships. *EVERY* EVO I found at the dealerships was a salvage rebuild according to CarFax. Go figure that the first line of the autotrader.com add said: CLEAN TITLE ...umm, yeah, sure, after you title washed it.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by [Advance]
Yes, it really frustrates me. I've been looking for around 6 months already. Maybe it's my location or something. Well I guess I am pretty picky also. Has to be a IX with low miles and not like terribly ragged on. All I see is overpriced evos or riced out mofuggahs.

How long did it take you to find your evo?

also kinda off topic, but do Evo IX SE come with HIDs?

I'll Sell you My IX. I Only have 10XXX miles. Maybe 11K shortly. I did 9 oil changes over the 3 years I have owned it although I don't drive it that much I don't want he oil sitting in the engine. I am not gonna lie to you, I launched it about 3 or 4 times and I Drive it hard sometimes but I don't beat it up. Its running good, I got it tuned by turbotrix on a dynojet (made 347 uncorrected, so I think that turns out to be 320-330ish) but I think it needs another tune, I have some mods and ALL the stock parts. So yeah I got it from Cali shipped for $1000, so Texas should be less. It only has one Dent, I backed up into a GSX and kind of left a wrinkle in the right rear quarter near the bumper, you can't really see it too badly, but it is annoying once you know about it, I haven't fixed it because the paints still on and I don't want to loose any of the factory paint. I figure Its better to see how minor the damage is then find out its painted and think it got hit. Only problem with the interior is the shift nob shift pattern is a little yellowed (It happens to alot of MRs) and the alcantara on the center arm rest is a little worn. And I have to change the floor mats. Umm yeah Other wise its pretty much perfect except for some rock chips. If you want photos and stuff PM Me. I have been contemplating selling it but haven't listed it. I would like to possibly upgrade to a nice BMW or something else maybe. But I have 2 cars right not so I have not problem selling it. Also It needs tires, the brake Pads are halfway worn and the diff/transfer and M/T fluids should be changed.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

I lucked out on both my finds...found one of the last new IX SEs in late 07 when I started looking and when it was totalled I got into another bone stock IX SE within 5 days. it was pefect timing cause it was traded in the day after my accident. I did have to buy sight unseen though or it would have sold before I could get to it. Keep searching and you will find what your looking for....dont give up!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

You're too picky.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
You're too picky.
I have to be I am practically spending 30 grand.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:40 PM

not that hard to find just have know where to look
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

they can be yes, but it will all come together eventually. idk at least it did when i was looking
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

evo IX RS in WW, only 179 in the US, found in 4 months