Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Warranty success at Mitsu!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had my steering wheel replaced yesterday under warranty. Little different situation. Lived in Washington state, drove down to Cali on my way to Vegas and from the heat the seam at the bottom started coming apart. Took it in, service department said don't worry about it and replaced it. They did however tell me about not using alcohol based lotion, that it would crack the leather.

On another warranty related victory, I had my car in an indoor storage for a whole year while I was stationed in Korea.(Storage facility was supposed to be starting the car once a month) When I got back to the states 3 weeks ago, I got my car outta storage. Car died on me at the storage place, so they had to jump start me. They said it's normal and to just drive for a while. Well I had hardly any gas left in the tank since I dropped it off with a quarter tank, so I didn't make it very far when the gas light came on. Stopped to put gas and sure enough it died on me again. Had to call roadside assistance to come jump me so I could take it to the dealership. Told them about the situation, even said it was in storage for a year, but they were totally cool about it and replaced the battery under warranty.

Last edited by PWevo; Sep 11, 2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

nice to hear a success story
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:42 AM

I had my wing and calipers replaced no problem. In fact, I didn't even bring up the calipers fading to them. I went to go pick up some diaqueen and the service guy mentioned that my calipers were starting to fade and they would go ahead and replace them if I wanted to. Dude brought it up to me. It's about the only thing that dealership has gotten right. And I'm having the same issue with my steering wheel but I've had mine for over 4 years and I've got 106k miles on it so honestly, it's probably just from using it so much.