Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Never buying another Mitsubishi product EVER again

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trail Slide
btw, what is "MMNA"
Mitsubishi motors north america
Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

what stealership?so that other members would no to STAY CLEAR of that specific stealership because thats complete bs
Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess mitsu dealerships have bad reputation all over america.. I'm from ecuador, and the dealership here is the worst I've ever been to... at least the evo has some sort of warranty over there in the US, over here they gave me the keys and said "good luck, car has no warranty whatsoever" . . . OP I hope everything gets sorted out in your favor.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

I think all dealerships are like that. They have the worst customer service in the industry. The problem is that the majority of us (Evo owners) don't fight for $#it.
The mitsu dealership in SD is the same way (POS). They told me they never cover anything on evos under warranty. Your problem is far more serious you should fight it all the way.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by projectevo9
I think all dealerships are like that. They have the worst customer service in the industry. The problem is that the majority of us (Evo owners) don't fight for $#it.
The mitsu dealership in SD is the same way (POS). They told me they never cover anything on evos under warranty. Your problem is far more serious you should fight it all the way.
how many dealers are in SD? i only know poway , are there any more?
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Because so many people beat on EVOs extremely hard and then ask the dealer to fix it for free the dealers are fed up. I knew of someone who tracked their car, and then told the dealer that they drove down a mountain and that was why they their brakes were damaged. The dealer covered the repairs, and the guy bragged about dupping the dealer. The dealers are not always bad, but the people that drive the car hard mostly don't or shouldn't care about the warranty. I am not saying you shouldn't get your problem fixed under warranty, but if you are hard on the car, you should be prepared to pay for stuff when it breaks.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darwinian
Because so many people beat on EVOs extremely hard and then ask the dealer to fix it for free the dealers are fed up. I knew of someone who tracked their car, and then told the dealer that they drove down a mountain and that was why they their brakes were damaged. The dealer covered the repairs, and the guy bragged about dupping the dealer. The dealers are not always bad, but the people that drive the car hard mostly don't or shouldn't care about the warranty. I am not saying you shouldn't get your problem fixed under warranty, but if you are hard on the car, you should be prepared to pay for stuff when it breaks.
I agree completely. It couldn't have always been this way, but like the saying goes "one idiot ruins it for everyone."

Regardless, I hope you get your car fixed. I know what it's like to have warranty problems even though I don't own an Evo, and it sucks. They try to do anything to not cover it, even though I brought mine back the day after I drove off the lot saying my window isn't rolling up or down. They tried to make me pay to replace the window motor and regulator, the NEXT DAY! That was a Nissan dealership though, so it isn't JUST
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

I feel your pain.

West Palm Mitsubishi (now out of business, wonder why?) pulled the same thing with me on my '03.

The tranny broke the same way twice. I was cruising at (very) high speed on the Turnpike and when I got off at the exit, 2nd gear was toast. It would drive in 2nd fine, but would NOT go into 2nd at ANY rpm or from ANY gear without grinding unless I double clutched (clutch in, take it out of gear, release the clutch, then in again, then put it in 2nd, then release the clutch). Not exactly kosher for a performance car. The first time it broke I held the high speed for a few minutes, the 2nd time not only was it slower, but it was only 20-30 seconds.

The dealer said they sent pics to some regional guy who said I abused the car, (which I didn't) and of course made me pay for the 2nd repair! Why the f**k would I buy a car like this that can't be driven at high speeds? I asked for copies of the pictures, which they never produced, so I contacted a lawyer, but that was going to require a $3,000.00 retainer so I just begrudgingly paid $1,875.00 for the repairs.

BUT I GOT THEM BACK

You see, I work for a large A/V installation company that sells Mitsubishi TVs. Well it's all the same company ... sooooooo ... I have just spent the last 4+ years selling Sony, Sharp, and other TVs instead of Mitsubishi every chance I got. I figure I have sold somewhere around 2-300 TVs in that time. Hopefully at least 40 of them could have been Mitsu's, but weren't ... At about $2-3k each, that puts me at 2-3 times the entire purchase price of my car.

What goes around comes around. Sure I still got effed, and in fact it failed a 3rd time a year later, but I sent it to ShepTrans and have absolutely beaten the crap out of it for 3 years and it's still going strong! Don't plan on sending another dime Mitsubishi's way as long as I can help it.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
if the car is stock and no visual abuse on it. They have to do it under warranty.
Fight for it. Sorry to hear that by the way. In NJ the Mitsu dealers sucks. /service department/
I brought 4 cars from one / no name here/ and when i go my reflash they told me i have to pay for it... they sold me a badly tuned car from day one/ X/ and there is the recall on it. But they still want me to pay for it.

So i did go to NY dealer / Healy/ they did it without question in 30 minutes.
You see the difference?

But now on RT 17 south the Ramsy Mitshubishi took care of me twice. They seems really nice and the service manager is a cool guy too.
Maybe you can try it there too.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Sep 11, 2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
if the car is stock and no visual abuse on it. They have to do it under warranty.
Fight for it. Sorry to hear that by the way. In NJ the Mitsu dealers sucks. /service department/
I brought 4 cars from one / no name here/ and when i go my reflash they told me i have to pay for it... they sold me a badly tuned car from day one/ X/ and there is the recall on it. But they still want me to pay for it.

So i did go to NY dealer / Healy/ they did it without question in 30 minutes.
You see the difference?

But now on RT 17 south the Ramsy Mitshubishi took care of me twice. They seems really nice and the service manager is a cool guy too.
Maybe you can try it there too.
I have a thread in evo-ny about this also. I have no problems going to a different dealer, i just want the work done. I also dont want to get the tech in trouble, he is a good guy. I know the reason why he didn't pick up the phone was because he was going to have to lie to me about my warranty and didn't want to do that infront of his service manager.

The dealership is Global automall in north plainfield, NJ. Once again the tech (who would work on your evo if you brought it there) is a real cool good guy. Apparently the others are not
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

I have a thread in evo-ny about this also. I have no problems going to a different dealer, i just want the work done. I also dont want to get the tech in trouble, he is a good guy. I know the reason why he didn't pick up the phone was because he was going to have to lie to me about my warranty and didn't want to do that infront of his service manager.

The dealership is Global automall in north plainfield, NJ. Once again the tech (who would work on your evo if you brought it there) is a real cool good guy. Apparently the others are not
that is a bad part, sometimes the good guy gets in troulble becouse they managers.
Give a shot for Ramsey , maybe they will be nice ther with you. I know one of the guy who works there is here in this forum. Hes name is Sisco.
They are really nice with me there. They even installed after market things for my car. and they really took care of it. No scratch etc.
But still Th NJ dealers are sucks.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eehjay
I feel for you dude, but you stated yourself that you were hearing it at REDLINE. But then you say it hasn't been raced or tracked. Redlining it is just as bad as track abuse. I dunno, just felt I had to nit pick at that. Good luck though, I agree they should cover it since it hasn't passed warranty time, but with any car that is "performance oriented" they pull this.

Shelby only covers the GT for 12 months/12,000 miles because they know owners wanna beat the **** out of it.
First, I dont care what kind of excuse they try to pull out of their *** it should be replaced regardless of where it grinds. I didn't go into the dealership and say "my car grinds at redline" I told them that it grinds on a really hot summer day or when i have to give it some gas to pull into traffic from a stop. It doesn't only grind at redline anyway, i'll get the random grind here and there. I live near some reservation roads and there is no sin on taking my evolution for a spirited run through them. That is not abuse, its what the car is made to do. I've owned a 500+hp mustang that was built to drag race. I sold it to buy a fun daily driver. The car has never been tracked, auto-x'd, or dragged at all. clutch is 100%. somethings wrong and its NOT my fault
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

First, I dont care what kind of excuse they try to pull out of their *** it should be replaced regardless of where it grinds. I didn't go into the dealership and say "my car grinds at redline" I told them that it grinds on a really hot summer day or when i have to give it some gas to pull into traffic from a stop. It doesn't only grind at redline anyway, i'll get the random grind here and there. I live near some reservation roads and there is no sin on taking my evolution for a spirited run through them. That is not abuse, its what the car is made to do. I've owned a 500+hp mustang that was built to drag race. I sold it to buy a fun daily driver. The car has never been tracked, auto-x'd, or dragged at all. clutch is 100%. somethings wrong and its NOT my fault
I'm not saying it's your fault or that they are right for not wanting to warranty, I'm just saying they look at spirited driving the same way they look at track driving. I'm all for your cause man, really I am, but I'm just saying it isn't only Mitsubishi. Any car company that thinks you may have been abusing the car, or has a bunch of repairs due to people abusing the cars, will automatically throw you under the bus if it has the problem that everyone that abuses their car has. They are going to assume you were beating the living crap out of it, and there isn't much people can do, other than get a lawyer or go to a different dealership.

I know for a fact that a company cannot void your warranty if they don't have reasonable cause and evidence that you were abusive or that the parts installed (which doesn't apply to you since it is stock) caused the failure.

Think of the warranty thing this way, hot clean chick (your car) that hangs out with a bunch of STD infected friends (abused Evos). You would assume shes got the drip, so that's what the dealership is doing to you. They just don't want to deal with it.

Edit: The dealership, like previously stated, can make the call weither or not they want to work with you. Maybe find a different dealership willing to help. The sad part is, most dealerships don't want to help because there isn't big profit for them. Nice guys finish last kinda thing.

Last edited by eehjay; Sep 11, 2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

i have to give you that one, if the clutch is in good shape then really not much battle ground they have left . I think. But i'm not a mechaninc
Old Sep 11, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

i totally understand this thread. i got jerked around at my dealer about every single thing. i still have tranny issues to this day and will hopefully get them worked out soon. my tranny in my 03 has been out 3 times by the dealer adn is still not fixed and now they claim they can't work on it any more even though it has never been right

Quick Reply: Never buying another Mitsubishi product EVER again