Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Never buying another Mitsubishi product EVER again

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine dude. Mine was going from second to 3rd and sometimes 4th. I bring it in to get checked. Then the service writer said they can't warranty it cause of the wing.. I was like hold on... Here i am thinking that I should put this guy down for the good of the human race. I mean wasn't my fault that his dad and sister inbreed. But I was like dude I bought this exactly how it sits from you guys. That is all OEM!!! Fix the problem. I just think mitsu hates warrantying anything...
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

Man... that seriously sucks man... i hope all goes well!

just reading this scares me and makes me worry if i want to buy something from mitsu...

keep us posted!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The deal with warranties being such a problem is this: Official dealerships get parts for warranty by Mitsubishi - free. They however do not get labor costs paid, they just get the parts. So it's a loss for them to fix your stuff free. They get nothing out of it - on the other hand if they make you buy parts - they make money on the parts and after that they charge you with a massive amount of labor as well.

Double loss for them if they cover your warranty so that's why they try to avoid it.

On the other hand I love my dealership here, they even helped me mod the car and put my Exedy Twin on the car. Their theory behind this is - we make money on you when you bring the car to service here - if we can do you favors with warranty issues we always do our best to do it. And I can put my finger down on that too, because having a new TC installed to the car together with a 3rd clutch, they should pretty much understand what the car is going through
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:14 AM

sorry to hear about that hope things work out ok for you.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
if the car is stock and no visual abuse on it. They have to do it under warranty.
Fight for it. Sorry to hear that by the way. In NJ the Mitsu dealers sucks. /service department/
I brought 4 cars from one / no name here/ and when i go my reflash they told me i have to pay for it... they sold me a badly tuned car from day one/ X/ and there is the recall on it. But they still want me to pay for it.

So i did go to NY dealer / Healy/ they did it without question in 30 minutes.
You see the difference?

But now on RT 17 south the Ramsy Mitshubishi took care of me twice. They seems really nice and the service manager is a cool guy too.
Maybe you can try it there too.
I'm just curious as to why took your car to Ramsey when Maywood Mitsu is closer to you.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Working at a dealership, we get paid to do warranty work. We actually make money if we have to fix a car due to a part failure being covered under warranty. The real issue is Mitsu getting screwed over by people who beat up the cars then demand Mitsu to pay for a problem the car owner created. These people make it many times harder to actually get Mitsu to pay for a legit warranty problem with your vehicle. If individuals would take responsibility for their actions, we would be in a better position.
Dan
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ I accept responsibility for my actions ..... however ..... I bought an EVO. I paid for an EVO warranty. I will drive my EVO like an EVO. If for some reason it starts to grind between shifts the warranty I already paid for should fix it.

If mitsu has a warranty claim problem maybe they should shorten the warranty and charge less for the car. Some EVOs have 10 year / 100k mile warranties.

I don't expect them to fix warped rotors, worn clutches, or bald tires. But grinding shifts is something else.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:30 AM

After reading this thread .. I might just not get a evo now.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Don't accept any of their garbage.

They are trying to dick you around badly. First they sell the car with a warranty then say they won't cover anything because it's a race car. Classic bait and switch, which doesn't fly in the business world. Don't accept their garbage, go down there yourself and make a scene.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cr00klyn718
After reading this thread .. I might just not get a evo now.
U definitely dont buy an evo for the warranty thats for sure, lol and chances are if your looking to buy a IX now, ur going to be buying one thats been modded so you can kiss the warranty bye! If you want a warranty, maybe try a X and dont mod it?!?!

BTW, any update on this, im curious to find out how this turns out!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Maywood Mitsubishi Sucks ***!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:16 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I'm happy with Town & Country Mitsubishi here in Oregon. Their service department is honest. They cover warranties, and their parts manager is awesome as well. I won't vouch for their salesmen though.

With that being said, if you're already having transmission problems, and they are going to force you to pay for it... send it to Shep or English Racing. Both will rebuild (synchros, etc) for 899. English Racing did my transmission recently.. and I love it. I have an 03 and they put 05 parts in it so my 5th gear would quit burning out. These parts came from Shep. It's all the same. Keep in mind they build it up tougher than it was originally.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltz.
Don't accept any of their garbage.

They are trying to dick you around badly. First they sell the car with a warranty then say they won't cover anything because it's a race car. Classic bait and switch, which doesn't fly in the business world. Don't accept their garbage, go down there yourself and make a scene.
I totally agree however it just isnt the reality. The rep can refuse or they pull it apart and say there is signs of abuse and you have to pay labor. So then you take up a claim with MMNA meanwhile your car is down with the tranny out.

Ok now you get your lawer. Its going to cost you more in fees and court cost then the damn tranny is worth. Oh and your car still has its tranny out

I bought my EVO knowing damn well Id never take it there for anything. I wouldnt let 80% of those incompetant idiots put thier hands anywhere near my car anyways
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Update

Got the call when I was out, mom ended up picking up the phone and speaking to the woman. She said the end result was the woman wasn't budging and she was agreeing with the service manager. she said that I have to agree to pay for the trans drop in the case that the part was not defective or abused, but was once again insinuating that the chances were slim. She said after a 10 minute back and forth convo with the woman she hung up the phone and was in a terrible mood from dealing with someone who clearly DID NOT CARE. The woman said I could call her back if I need to but she only works until 2pm everday so "he better make sure" I call before then. Im furious
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Trail Slide
I have a thread in evo-ny about this also. I have no problems going to a different dealer, i just want the work done. I also dont want to get the tech in trouble, he is a good guy. I know the reason why he didn't pick up the phone was because he was going to have to lie to me about my warranty and didn't want to do that infront of his service manager.

The dealership is Global automall in north plainfield, NJ. Once again the tech (who would work on your evo if you brought it there) is a real cool good guy. Apparently the others are not
oh geez.... that dealership is horrible....

Quick Reply: Never buying another Mitsubishi product EVER again