Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Never buying another Mitsubishi product EVER again

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe try some different tranny fluid. My wrx did this from 3-4 and I switch fluid and it went away.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:12 AM

Any update?
Old Sep 24, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

keep us updated
Old Sep 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

^ changing tranny fluid this week, i dont have the time for dealers to waste my time. I am done with mitsu. I put the mods that have been sitting in my garage on the same day i called a bunch of dealers and got the same BS "i dont want to deal with it" attitude from them all. Day later i went to ivey and got it tuned. The car only grinds every once in a while when i shift fast. With the trans fluid changed, a nice warm up, and not doing anything crazy the car is perfect. If it gets worse, it will get pulled to be built. As of now, the car is fine
Old Sep 24, 2008, 01:52 PM

sorry to hear bro. Wish you had better dealerships around your area.

So what were your numbers after the tune?
Old Sep 24, 2008, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

that sucks, my mitsubishi dealer always try and make me pay out of pocket for anything, good luck bro
Old Sep 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
It's threads like these that I have decided I won't ever buy a new Mitsubishi product. I've read about this through many sites... Mitsubishi is supposedly considered dishonorable in Japan, which is a big deal I guess. Supposedly this is why... not backing warranties.

If you can't warrant it, then DON'T TELL US we have a warranty. It shocks me that a company can get away with this. Isn't it considered false advertising?

I think this evo is my last i will own. Sad... I would have liked to pick up a X... but not with crap like this.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Get some shifter bushings and a front motor mount and/or torque damper and your shifting woes will be history.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

i had this problem on my 03, i installed 2 piece brass shifter bushings from Lancershop.com and it solved it...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

^ i am going to swap trans fluid, diff bushing, shifter bushing, and some sort of mount (need to research more first) to try to lesson it. Once again, i am just **** about my car... if you were to drive it, absolutely nothing is wrong with it. even if u were to "get on it" .... however, if u were going ***** to the wall u can grind second every once in a while. This IMO is unacceptable so i took it to the dealer right away. I obviously dramatized the issue with the dealership because no one is going to give a young guy the time of day if they walk in and say an issue with there car is happening every 2 weeks. I wanted to drive the car with the tech, and i did, which got my no where. After speaking to corp which also got me no where i called a few more dealerships who gave me the same attitude as the first. At this point i said F*CK IT and will enjoy the car. I will just have to shift second in a more natured manner.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trail Slide
^ changing tranny fluid this week, i dont have the time for dealers to waste my time. I am done with mitsu. I put the mods that have been sitting in my garage on the same day i called a bunch of dealers and got the same BS "i dont want to deal with it" attitude from them all. Day later i went to ivey and got it tuned. The car only grinds every once in a while when i shift fast. With the trans fluid changed, a nice warm up, and not doing anything crazy the car is perfect. If it gets worse, it will get pulled to be built. As of now, the car is fine
Sorry to hear that man but I'm glad you decided to just move on. This is the same approach I've been taking. When the time comes, then Shep rebuild time
Old Sep 24, 2008, 03:54 PM

It's unbelievable how a dealership can go out of it's way to try a make an extra $$. Sucks that this happened, but good to hear that you moved on and it didn't stop ou from doing what you wanted to do.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't have that issue at brad benson in jersey.....soon as i got that grind 4th to 5th they warrantied it, even offered to throw a clutch in cheap if i bought it at that time.....there was a TSB on it, but idk about 1st to 2nd on 06's...

I did goto global when i was mitsu shoppin and they seemed bootleg, not a real mitsu dealer..good luck
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Trail Slide
^ i am going to swap trans fluid, diff bushing, shifter bushing, and some sort of mount (need to research more first) to try to lesson it. Once again, i am just **** about my car... if you were to drive it, absolutely nothing is wrong with it. even if u were to "get on it" .... however, if u were going ***** to the wall u can grind second every once in a while. This IMO is unacceptable so i took it to the dealer right away. I obviously dramatized the issue with the dealership because no one is going to give a young guy the time of day if they walk in and say an issue with there car is happening every 2 weeks. I wanted to drive the car with the tech, and i did, which got my no where. After speaking to corp which also got me no where i called a few more dealerships who gave me the same attitude as the first. At this point i said F*CK IT and will enjoy the car. I will just have to shift second in a more natured manner.
F*** mitsu techs anyways. Even though you mentioned the tech being a good guy, I personally wouldn't trust some mitsu tech to rip apart my trans and replace the syncro. Maybe shep racing but not mitsu.

With the motor mount, your car will shift much smoother and shifting at redline will be much easier

Altering your driving style/habits may also help the problem
Old Sep 25, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Funny enough a couple days ago I went to Schaumburg Mitsubishi to pick up a head gasket and while I was in there, one of the service reps. were ripping a woman off. They replaced one tie-rod on her eclipse and wanted $600! She repeatedly said that the service manager at Bigger's Mitsubishi (Keith) said it would only cost $200. The service rep. wouldn't budge on his price. The woman kept stating how Keith lied to her. I hope Keith is reading this because he is a complete f*****! He told me a while back that he was watching me on the forums?! I was like.......alright *********!

As for your issue my friend, call the resolution department and speak to the District Manager too! Hopefully things will work out!

Quick Reply: Never buying another Mitsubishi product EVER again