Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Never buying another Mitsubishi product EVER again

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and you didnt say anything at the time to help the poor woman out. geez man. j/k. I wonder if it just the arm itself that costs 200 and they jacked up the price for the man hours? either way that is totally jacked up. Im glad im close to places like south coast where they honestly take care of everyone. I feel for you guys.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

So, first auto-x on sat
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
i'm sorry, but you're an idiot.

i NEVER had that problem with honda. they fixed EVERYTHING.
Do me a favor, pop a hole in your condensor on your Honda and tell me they are going to warranty that (if you know about Honda warranty, you know they are just as bad as Mitsu when in comes to A/C condensors with holes)... Companies are going to do whatever they can to not warranty things that have known problems. When I said the redlining thing I assumed he was bouncing it, sorry for not specifying there.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Trail Slide
^ changing tranny fluid this week, i dont have the time for dealers to waste my time. I am done with mitsu. I put the mods that have been sitting in my garage on the same day i called a bunch of dealers and got the same BS "i dont want to deal with it" attitude from them all. Day later i went to ivey and got it tuned. The car only grinds every once in a while when i shift fast. With the trans fluid changed, a nice warm up, and not doing anything crazy the car is perfect. If it gets worse, it will get pulled to be built. As of now, the car is fine
Good to hear your car is okay. Sucks that they didn't help you out any, but at least you seem like it doesn't **** you off anymore.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Funny enough a couple days ago I went to Schaumburg Mitsubishi to pick up a head gasket and while I was in there, one of the service reps. were ripping a woman off. They replaced one tie-rod on her eclipse and wanted $600! She repeatedly said that the service manager at Bigger's Mitsubishi (Keith) said it would only cost $200. The service rep. wouldn't budge on his price. The woman kept stating how Keith lied to her. I hope Keith is reading this because he is a complete f*****! He told me a while back that he was watching me on the forums?! I was like.......alright *********!

As for your issue my friend, call the resolution department and speak to the District Manager too! Hopefully things will work out!

haha nice to see a fellow schaumburg mitsu dealer victim/hater here.. their service dep really sucks ***.. especially that fat guy (i didnt catch his name) but hes a bit fat and really ugly... hahahaha
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prj.evo
Get some shifter bushings and a front motor mount and/or torque damper and your shifting woes will be history.
Yeah, because fixing the outside of the transmission will get rid of the grinds.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LanceR_11
haha nice to see a fellow schaumburg mitsu dealer victim/hater here.. their service dep really sucks ***.. especially that fat guy (i didnt catch his name) but hes a bit fat and really ugly... hahahaha
Funny enough my friend, the service rep. that was talking to the woman was this fat guy that you talk about.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
so you're saying evo is a bullet proff car? even if someone baby the car NOTHING can happen?, Hmm I agree that sometimes people dont know how to drive thats why they break things, but comon how you can tell if the car was abused? it is not a honda civic.

Originally Posted by rawkus
Working at a dealership, we get paid to do warranty work. We actually make money if we have to fix a car due to a part failure being covered under warranty. The real issue is Mitsu getting screwed over by people who beat up the cars then demand Mitsu to pay for a problem the car owner created. These people make it many times harder to actually get Mitsu to pay for a legit warranty problem with your vehicle. If individuals would take responsibility for their actions, we would be in a better position.
Dan
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I know two sales man there, where i bought my first evo so my bro they are pretty cool rest of the guys are weird.

btw she didnt ask the price how much is going to cost before fix'in it?

Originally Posted by LanceR_11
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Funny enough my friend, the service rep. that was talking to the woman was this fat guy that you talk about.
LOL!

damn fat guy HAHAHAHAHA!
Old Nov 9, 2008, 03:25 PM

Heh, I spoke with my Mitsubishi dealer yesterday about a whining/moaning noise that the car makes at part clutch when just moving off. The car has 23K miles on it, and is 100% stock. He said the following to me:

1) I probably shouldn't worry about it as it's probably "normal" (definitely isn't normal)

2) I will have to sign something that says if it's not a "warranty issue" that I have to pay for it (possibly up to $2500, or more, if it's transmission related). I'm not signing anything to that effect...

3) When I told him that it's ridiculous that I sign a document saying I agree to pay when the car is 100% stock, he basically said that he's been told 1000 times that a car is stock when it's not, and that he only has my word to go on. His tech is apparently really experienced in figuring out if "a bolt has been removed", so will find out pretty quickly.

Anyway, the car is booked in for tomorrow morning, and they'll let me know by Tuesday. If they try to pull anything funny, they will regret it. I'm not afraid of taking them to court over it. They probably deal with a lot of young kids who just get scared, or don't have the resources to take it further (no offence to anyone who is young).

I'll keep you all posted...

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
^^ Make them go through hell if they don't solve your problem under warranty..........