Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i miss my Evo...*long rant*

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i miss my Evo...*long rant*

well, as some people here know, I sold my Apex Silver 03 VIII back in July. I sold it to a private party and took the cash towards an 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, Black and fully loaded.

i sold my Evo for a couple of reasons. first, i had an issue with the motor as the 3 cyl ring wasnt sealing properly and i had a huge compression loss. so i ended up buying a longblock and having that swapped. also, due to my family and my job the Evo just didn't do so well. the wife hated riding in it, my kids fit in there well but as you all know, a highly modded Evo isn't the most comfortable ride. its a street legal race car, but for a daily driver it was just too harsh. i was at a point of sell it or go full out...so i picked up the Jeep.

now don't get me wrong, the Jeep is AMAZING! its fast, looks mean, is fully loaded and the sound of a throaty V8 is wicked! the wife loves it, the kids love it and i feel as if they are safer...but now i find myself missing the Evo.

i'm cruising the classifieds, looking for a cheap or salvage Evo. i'm on vendors websites building wishlists, lol i racked up about 70K on Vivid just picking out parts that i would throw on if i ever got another Evo.

at this point in my life, just buying a cheap Evo isn't an option. 2 young kids, house payments and a wrong career choice its not in the budget for now. but i know that someday again i'll have another one, but not as a daily driver! this next one will be a project/race car.

so, how about you? do you feel my pain? have you sold your Evo and wished you didn't? tell me your story, post up pics. it'll be like a support group... Missed Evos Anonymous!

here are some pics...

Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

sucks but sometimes you have to make the right choice for the point in your life. I am sure you will be able to get an evo again if u find a better job, or win lotto =). I myself think of selling it a few times to save money since it's such an addition but i am not strong enough to let it go just yet. Then again i have no kids, GL in the future and just remember it was the grown up thing to do.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

The jeep is sick!! good choice!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

lol, thanks. you are the first person to really understand the reasons behind it and reinforce that it was the right choice. not that i really doubt it was, my family always comes first. thanks again.

Originally Posted by Evo Girlie
sucks but sometimes you have to make the right choice for the point in your life. I am sure you will be able to get an evo again if u find a better job, or win lotto =). I myself think of selling it a few times to save money since it's such an addition but i am not strong enough to let it go just yet. Then again i have no kids, GL in the future and just remember it was the grown up thing to do.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 02:42 PM

I'm with ya...I think at some point most of us are forced to make a choice not unlike your own. You did what had to be done...can't blame ya!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

hey on the bright side its not like youre stck in a minivan or any lame *** suv.. the srt8 is a pretty cool truck. im a diehard jeep guy and they sound/look mean as hell. good luck in the future getting back into an evo
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

good thread. i read your post when you got rid of the evo and questioned your decision. then i started thinking about getting rid of mine for many of the same reasons you did. my car is for sale now and i'll probably leave it that way, but you've made me think twice. my only saving grace is that i'm not in the market for an suv, but rather, another, less raw, sports car. as for your problem, why not grab a galant vr-4, mod the hell out of it and save $10k or more over an evo build? good luck with the separation anxiety.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

I sold my evo to buy a house because of the market right now. After I sold I had to take down all the evo posters i had. And put away anything that said RALLIART on it I was such a fan boy hehe, cause it made me depressed to think about it. But now im driving a little RSX to save on gas and im going to get another VIII or IX for sure. There will be plenty used ones for sale for a while so im not worried. The 4g63 is such a great motor i dont really care about buying one that was beat up, gives me more reason to throw in a built beast motor.

No wonder u miss ur evo u bought a POS 10mpg, numb steering, brake pad eating, chrysler truck. Not the best choice in this economy.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. I have to tell you I'm loving the Jeep. I picked the girls up from school on friday and my 6yr old says to me at the stoplight, "daddy, floor it!". Lol ofcourse I caved into peer pressure. It was just a quick lil rollercoaster ride getting up to the speedlimit. They were cheering and giggling. That's what I love.

Now Daddy just needs a high hp Evo to get that smile on his face.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:17 PM

Im right there with ya too!! I just tradded in my evo last friday for an 06 Jeep commander/hemi... The evo will be missed, but im saving $260.00/month over my evo.. plus I have a vehicle that I can take hunting, traveling (and be able to bring bikes), and I wont get pulled over every other day for exhaust!! I noticed with the evo it was always something ya know, one thing after another as far as problems and parts!!

I see it the same way, I can always get another evo later on in life!!
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm glad I sold my 03 EVO. I like my SE much better!
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Wow that jeep does looks sick. Never seeN one. What's the jeeps numbers? No worries just keep your eyes on the prize, next thing you know like u said you'll be owning a Evo.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Should have kept the Evo and sold the wife and kids.

Just kidding.

Of all the car choices on my list (Evo, used Elise, used Porsche, M3) the Evo is the most practical and probably the most reliable....go figure. I just put some bilsteins on it so the ride was better for the family.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

that jeep is siiick. You should powder coat the wheels flat black. Iv seen one around town like that and it looks so mean. You did the right thing putting the kids and wife ahead of your needs. Good luck i hope you get ur project evo.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey dude, it wasn't an easy decision and you made the best one you could for your family. Don't lament about the past, instead look to the future. Keep an eye out and eventually you'll probably stumble across another EVO that you can build up and leverage all your experience with the previous one.

EVOs do get under your skin though don't they? About the only other car I've had this much fun in were the CRXs that I owned.