Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

s2k or evo8???!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2003, 04:41 AM
os2
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cannot really compare, like they say it's apples and oranges. S2000 is absolute blast on open road, had that clean steering feeling that only RWD cars posess. She's not stock - got Buddy club coilovers with spring rate 10k and dampers to max hard, 1.5" lowered and Cusco braces all over the body. Have you ever ridden in wooden rollercoasters?
Evo is one day old , stock of course. Will be driven mostly by my wife as a family 4 seater, since she is not into SUV's at all. It will make perfect street traffic combat and highway rally vehicle, powerful, well composed and always in control. We had Impreza RS with STI suspension and stiffeners couple years back, were missing AWD car since and finally got it back
btw I'm 215 and 6'1" - plenty of space for me in either car
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:13 AM

guys common your thinking about getting weak little sports car over a rally bread masterpiece. What are you smokin, I raced an S200 last night and even let him get the jump on me and still smoked him before I was out of first gear.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo32
guys common your thinking about getting weak little sports car over a rally bread masterpiece. What are you smokin, I raced an S200 last night and even let him get the jump on me and still smoked him before I was out of first gear.
Is this English?? Rally bread? Is that like Wonder Bread? Anyway, they are two tools for different jobs. A stock S2K will kill a stock Evo from 70+mph. No question. My biggest complaint with the S2K was the cost in tuning it...
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

hahahahaha rally bread.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 02:37 PM

I've never driven an Evo, but I currently own a WRX and a S2000. You might want to wait and see if the new model S2000 is to your liking.

From the rumors that I've heard...it's getting more low-end torque/mid-range power, new front and rear bumper, and some other things to freshen it up a bit.