Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best EVO DEAL EVER!!! 11,995!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Best EVO DEAL EVER!!! 11,995!!

It's like they are not even trying.... This is way too easy!
I am going down there and demanding my AYC and ACD!!

My woman caught this in the newspaper this week(How great is that! She can spot a 7 from an 8.) Apperantly Gillman of Austin is selling 4 EVO 7s RS with Automatic. I also wonder if Mitsu or Subaru mind the competition on the same page? Can't be good for anyone.

/<

PS. Not photochoped.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic ? Why ?
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to burst your bubbles, but Evo 7 Rs doesnt come with Auto, for $11.995, sounds like riced up lancer to me. Can't see the pic btw.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

I can see the pic but it just says 2003 Lancer. I am sure they just used an Evo VII pic but it IS NOT an Evo VII or VIII that they are selling. I would bet my left nut on that one !
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

See if I can attach a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Best EVO DEAL EVER!!!  11,995!!-evosale.jpg  
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:41 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally posted by DRC Imports
I can see the pic but it just says 2003 Lancer. I am sure they just used an Evo VII pic but it IS NOT an Evo VII or VIII that they are selling. I would bet my left nut on that one !
Its obviously a joke from the standpoint of the poster. He put it up because the stupid dealer used the wrong pic and he thinks it is extremely funny. It is pretty hilarious!
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Noize

Its obviously a joke from the standpoint of the poster. He put it up because the stupid dealer used the wrong pic and he thinks it is extremely funny. It is pretty hilarious!
Whew... That was close. Almost sounded like those guys were serious. I was just kinda of hoping people would go to Gillman and ask for their EVO 7. Stick it to the dealer whenever possible.
Thanks again for taking life lightly.

/<

Last edited by travestyevo; Aug 29, 2003 at 06:51 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:54 AM

just a thought. can someone sue them for false advertising?
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Don't feel bad, couple of dealers pulled the same thing here a year ago. It was a full color photo of an Evo7 and I was like WOAH! But they pointed me to a yellow lancer and told that was it. Dealers are clueless about cars even they sell it for a living.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, kinda figured you were joking but I didn't want to make you feel stupid if you weren't !! Now go get yourmEvo VII for $11,995 and pick one up for me too !
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

no but technically they aren't advertising a Evo.. They are selling a Lancer for that price. you can't ask for them to sell the car in the picture, because it is a stock picture.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 07:01 AM

It's usually not the dealer's fault when that happens. I work for a Mitsu dealer. Most of the time it's the newspaper that provides the photos from their file. And the guys in advertising don't know the difference. They see a pic with Lancer in the title and they use it. We've had some confusion with our ads from time to time.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Thats why I get a kick out of it. I know it's not the dealers fault either. But someone has to get the harassment for it. Whenever a Best Buy ad is wrong, like the price of an item or the pic is wrong, you can usually get the MOD (Manager) to suck it up and allow for the ad f_ck up. You end up getting a CD player or speakers for cheap sometimes. It just a game. Play it. Also, it is check system for everyone. Make sure people get some static for little mess ups so they fix them. It's sort of like taking responsibility for mistake, big or small. This one is just a small one.

/<