Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CBRD supporting our military....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I've been in the Army for 20 years now and still going strong. I always appreciate it when a civilian company shows the gratitude of what the Armed Forces do for them. It shows that they understand what would happen if the Armed Forces wasn't here to make their company safe and secure to continue on with the American way of life. I wish that all Americans would understand the kinds of sacrifices we servicemen and women make so that everyone else in this country can live a free life. Sorry for the soapbox diatribe.

I believe the best choice for a shirt color is black. It is neutral enough that it won't offend any service and offers a great platform for pictures, logos, and whatever else you want to put on it.
I totally understand.

My father was a marine and established many of his ethics from the service.... I like to feel he instilled them in me....

I will work on a design before next week!!

cb
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome idea. I love the support all you guys over at CBRD give to the military and to your customers as a whole. You guys always go 120 percent over the top. Count me in for one of whatever the final product is.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess all I can say is HUUUUAHHHHH!!!! CBRD FTW
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

I am the company commander of the 369th Fire Fighters (Army Reserves) and a 2004 graduate of the Virginia Military Institute. We have all sorts of different "job shirts" just like the civil fire departments. All of our shirts are the light tan shirt as shown below so we can wear them under our uniforms:

Chad I think this is a great idea. Maybe offer shirts in this color and black, just please NO CAMO lol. Let me know if you need a proto-type shirt and I will drop a few off.

Mick
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mick82907
I am the company commander of the 369th Fire Fighters (Army Reserves) and a 2004 graduate of the Virginia Military Institute. We have all sorts of different "job shirts" just like the civil fire departments. All of our shirts are the light tan shirt as shown below so we can wear them under our uniforms:

Chad I think this is a great idea. Maybe offer shirts in this color and black, just please NO CAMO lol. Let me know if you need a proto-type shirt and I will drop a few off.

Mick
I don't mean to be a stickler of AR 670-1 standards, there CO, but wearing a design on your tan undershirt of the ACUs is not within regulations. I know the Reserves have a little bit different standards than AC but as a commander you should know better.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

^^ HAHAHAHAH time for some UCMJ.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
As you can tell Navy people dont really complain that much, so anything would be fine with me... Thanks for your support!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think black would be best to stay neutral to the different branches of the military.The back shoudl say something like "U.S VET FTMW" haha..ok leave the FTMW out.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I don't mean to be a stickler of AR 670-1 standards, there CO, but wearing a design on your tan undershirt of the ACUs is not within regulations. I know the Reserves have a little bit different standards than AC but as a commander you should know better.
True. But don't you think that my unit has proper authorization at the General Staff level?

As a commander I know that although it is not authorized we are a specialized unit and have never been challenged on it. It serves as a form of identification just like our fire fighter badges. We are also authorized to wear flight suits because they are made of nomex.

Hate to be a stickler back at you but you can throw a "sir" at the end of your reply
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joseph k
^^ HAHAHAHAH time for some UCMJ.

Lets not turn this into a "bashing the army reserve fire fighters thread"

Last edited by mick82907; Sep 25, 2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Awesome idea Chad!

I would like to have one with just an American flag on the back Chad if you are going to do them. Let me know what I would owe you.

I do think the digital camo would be cool!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a great idea,I'm in iraq now for the 3rd time...cant wait to get home the wife has driven the evo more than me cant wait to see some shirt ideas.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mick82907
True. But don't you think that my unit has proper authorization at the General Staff level?

As a commander I know that although it is not authorized we are a specialized unit and have never been challenged on it. It serves as a form of identification just like our fire fighter badges. We are also authorized to wear flight suits because they are made of nomex.

Hate to be a stickler back at you but you can throw a "sir" at the end of your reply
Last time I checked you can add to a regulation, not take away from it and that goes for the General Staff level as well. GO's aren't exempt from Army Regulations. As a commander you should know even though you haven't been challenged on this discrepancy it is still that, a discrepancy.

Wearing a flight suit is a moot point because they are authorized for your mission accomplishment and an authorized wear of AR 670-1.

By the way, I work at the GO level and have no problem doing an on-the-spot correction of any rank. It goes along with being a professional Non-Commissioned Officer, sir.

Now enough of this bs so let's get back on topic. CBRD, I look forward to seeing your designs and will support you when they come out.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ok guys, ill work on something!!

cb

glad to see the idea was well received...
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Any thought of making a civvie version with perhaps a fee attached to it that's a donation and in the end you can donate it to an organization putting together care packs for the troops?

Quick Reply: CBRD supporting our military....