Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

good price to buy a mint evo IX for? with 1,500 miles.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good price to buy a mint evo IX for? with 1,500 miles.

hi! I just want to get the forums opinion regarding my future purchase. To cut things short, I'm in the market for an Evo IX, and I just found a 2006 Silver EVO IX SE with 1,500 miles. Yea, the guy kept it mostly garaged or so the dealer claims. Except for a small scratch in the front bumper the car looks in mint condition.

Now my question, is what do you guys think would be a good price for me to offer. I dont mind walking out a couple of times, as long as I don't get ripped off. As of now the dealer has a sticker price of $29,900.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this. When factoring in prices, I'm taking into account that the X GSR is offered for 29,999. base. and has previously been offered for 28,999. At this same dealer. Also one must take into account that for this month the X, has 0% financing, while i would otherwise get like a 5 or 6%. The thing is that I just love the IX, and if gotten for the right price, this car might be a steal.

Last edited by infinite_666; Oct 5, 2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The IX is becoming Rarer, and rarer, so its really whatever you feel like paying for it.

I'm pretty sure if you got that you would have one of the lowest, if not the lowest, milage IX that there is out there.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

if the car has no paint work and has never been modded, you're not that far off from a deal. look on this forum in the classifieds and see the asking prices for cars with more miles. they're not much lower. get that car for under $29k and you're doing pretty good imo. i'd offer $28k and see what he says.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

I would get them to fix the scratch and pay the sticker price as long as it has never been modified. You will never find a evo9 with low milage like that.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

I think the dealers in the right range for the asking price of the car. (Almost all of them are negoitable) I would try to get him down around $28,000, if you look around it seems like most average mile IX are price around $25K.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1NASTYIXMR
I would get them to fix the scratch and pay the sticker price as long as it has never been modified. You will never find a evo9 with low milage like that.
if you're going to fix the scratch, make sure you can have it done without painting the entire front bumper. alot of places can build up the scratch and sand it out to match. if you have the front bumper painted, chances are it will never look right and will most likely chip much more easily than the factory paint even thought the factory stuff is not the greatest. painting flexible body parts is difficult and usually not done correctly.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by legal-z
if you're going to fix the scratch, make sure you can have it done without painting the entire front bumper. alot of places can build up the scratch and sand it out to match. if you have the front bumper painted, chances are it will never look right and will most likely chip much more easily than the factory paint even thought the factory stuff is not the greatest. painting flexible body parts is difficult and usually not done correctly.
yea, i asked the guy and he told me that they would just spot paint it to fix it. there's no need to paint the entire bumper.

also this evo has a JDM rear bumper. and they guy told me that they cant legally sell it to me like that. and that i could take that bumper but I would also need to buy the original one. do you guys know anything about this. i think that its due to safety reasons. something about it not having the underneath bar that absorbs the impact on a rear end collision. what do you guys think?
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

that doesn't seem like a bad price
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Sounds like you went to SCM.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:01 PM

28k-29k for a gsr is a good price on one with only 1500 miles
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Sounds like you went to SCM.
yea, but for now they have it at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi. Apparently some guy was going to buy it, so they moved it there, but he ended up now showing. If you have seen it, what do think?
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

I don't remember which one it is (since they have a few used IX SEs on the lot and I don't really look at them since I have one myself and was checking out the new Evos). That is a REALLY good price though, I wonder why they're selling one with that few miles for so low.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

they can't sell it with that bumper because it doesn't have the same crash bar under it. if you buy it, i'd work a deal where they give you the stock bumper and never put it on. i'd rather not have some dealer body shop monkey screwing around with things. especially a mitsu body guy.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
That is a REALLY good price though, I wonder why they're selling one with that few miles for so low.
Because the economy is in sh*ts and no one really has that kind of money to be spending. IMO.

Originally Posted by legal-z
they can't sell it with that bumper because it doesn't have the same crash bar under it. if you buy it, i'd work a deal where they give you the stock bumper and never put it on. i'd rather not have some dealer body shop monkey screwing around with things. especially a mitsu body guy.
You have to buy a OEM front bumper? In the end that's going to be pricey because those front bumpers are $$..
Old Oct 5, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

^ He was talking about the JDM rear bumper.