Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

85 thousand dollar evolution

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys u r all going about this wrong! You are all discussing this as if one of us is gonna buy it for our normal purposes and uses. most of us use our EVO's as our DD, WHILE this is just a show peice.

In reality, none of us would ever buy this car for $85,000, or even $35,000, its just not worth it, and there are way too many better choices in todays market!!

this car would only suit someone who already has 3 other cars as his/her daily drivers - Whoever buys it, will only use it for shows and promotions, so the price is actually justified!

.... no one in their right mind would buy a NINE year old car, in a very rare edition, from a movie, with 400 miles on it, just to suddenly start rackin' up the miles on their pathetic way from home to their 2-walled cubicle 5-6 times per week!

But to answer the original question, i say that cars that are this rare, or famous, or have very very low miles, only end up going to someones 8-car garage, and for those people, and for its intended purpose, its well worth the price.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i really just dont understand those ugly ****ing tail lights....
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
guys u r all going about this wrong! You are all discussing this as if one of us is gonna buy it for our normal purposes and uses. most of us use our EVO's as our DD, WHILE this is just a show peice.

In reality, none of us would ever buy this car for $85,000, or even $35,000, its just not worth it, and there are way too many better choices in todays market!!

this car would only suit someone who already has 3 other cars as his/her daily drivers - Whoever buys it, will only use it for shows and promotions, so the price is actually justified!

.... no one in their right mind would buy a NINE year old car, in a very rare edition, from a movie, with 400 miles on it, just to suddenly start rackin' up the miles on their pathetic way from home to their 2-walled cubicle 5-6 times per week!

But to answer the original question, i say that cars that are this rare, or famous, or have very very low miles, only end up going to someones 8-car garage, and for those people, and for its intended purpose, its well worth the price.
couldn't have said it better.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

wow..a real MCO (Manufacturers Certificate of Origin).. when you reg. your car with a state, you give that up for the equitable title the state gives you. With a true MCO, the man can't take your car away as it is constitutional property, but when you agree to the title, you agree to forfeiture if you violate certain laws.pic of the documentation
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would buy vin disel's 1st movie rx7 not this one
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:33 PM

all you need is ebay an a thousand dollars for the evo you already have. no one will know the difference. oh yeah you cant forget to weld the 6inch diameter polished tip on your stock muffler, make sure it sticks out. waaay out!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by S6devil

whoever has an 8 car garage probably doesnt have the maturity level of a 14 year old.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

"only my boys call me Rome."
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by HeLLA JDM y0
"only my boys call me Rome."
LMAO
Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike100
wow..a real MCO (Manufacturers Certificate of Origin).. when you reg. your car with a state, you give that up for the equitable title the state gives you. With a true MCO, the man can't take your car away as it is constitutional property, but when you agree to the title, you agree to forfeiture if you violate certain laws.pic of the documentation
unless you provided a well documented citation, I am calling shenanigans on this.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

i wish my car had 480 miles!!! i just rolled over 66k
Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

i think the interstate green top battery is where the money is at
Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

i wud buy that. but i have no drivers license.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evokel
omg paul walker signed it. that makes the car worth 50k more than the original worth, plus it comes with a sweet body kit!
More like a RICY body kit I'd rather stick that money into the NISSAN GTR If I had the money

Quick Reply: 85 thousand dollar evolution