Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo owner killed trying to sell his car.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow thats sad wat people do to get a hold of a car... brings a tear to the eyes to hear people ... dont have a heart ....
Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

another video local news here..
http://www.wisn.com/news/17637527/detail.html
Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by truDriver
teamdomokun - that is unbelievable. To let another person die because you are afraid of getting dumped.

Recounting what I went through, the main difference is that my attackers threatened me at knife point instead of gun point. They tried to use large zip ties to bind me as well but that is when I escaped. I'm still haunted by thinking about what would have happened if I didn't escape.

It breaks my heart to hear what really happened to Haroon, especially in his final moments.

That is unbelievable man. It actually makes me happy to think that I sold my Evo for only $15k to my good friend. Glad to hear you made it out of that situation okay though. However, I doubt that most people in that situation are actually willing to kill the person, I could be wrong though. I just feel most people cant be that cold hearted.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derekste
relax, guy...

all stupidness aside, condolences to Haroons family... I'm sure he is enjoying the big rally course in the sky...
Don't tell me to relax. Your comment was completely unnecessary, low, and stupid. You just don't say dumb things like that over such a saddening and sick event that left a innocent and good man dead for nothing.

Originally Posted by teamdomokun
Look at what his accomplice/girlfriend said...

A 21-year-old Delafield woman was charged today with helping a man she met a few weeks ago on MySpace kidnap and kill University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student Haroon Khan so that the man could steal Kahn's car.

Tammi L. LaFave told police she was afraid that if she did not help Travis Zoellick carry out the crimes, then Zoellick would break up with her, according to complaint that tells a nightmarish account of LaFave's cooperation.

According to the complaint:

LaFave told police she met Zoellick on the MySpace social Web site about two weeks before the homicide.

The two corresponded and began dating. Zoellick, of Watertown, was obsessed with obtaining a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. On Oct. 1, Zoellick told LaFave he had located one for sale in Milwaukee.

The two drove from Watertown to Milwaukee in Zoellick's Saab that day. Along the way, Zoellick told LaFave that he was going to take the car. Zoellick had with him a supply of zip ties. A gun was tucked in Zoellick's left pocket, LaFave told police.

LaFave dropped Zoellick off at Khan's residence near the UW-Milwaukee campus. She then drove to E. Locust St. and N. Humboldt Ave. A few minutes later, Zoellick, driving the Mitsubishi and with Kahn as his passenger, pulled up.

Zoellick leaned into her car and, according to the complaint, said: "The guy said you should go for a ride."

When LaFave agreed, Zoellick told her: "Grab the zip ties."

According to the complaint, LaFave told police "she was scared for herself and the guy's life and felt that she couldn't say no..."

"She felt that if she didn't participate that Travis Zoellick might leave her," the complaint says.

LaFave was in the back seat when Zoellick pulled out a gun and pointed it at Khan.

"Mr. Khan then looked at Ms. LaFave, and Ms. LaFave put her head down."

She then handed Zoellick the zip ties so he could bind Khan's hands.

Zoellick drove the Mitsubishi and LaFave the other car to a storage facility just north of Watertown.

LaFave talked to her mother on her cell phone shortly before Zoellick walked Khan into the woods to kill him. She told police she does not know why she didn't tell her mother what was going on. Her mother repeatedly tried to call back. LaFave would not pick up.

Zoellick returned about 20 minutes later. He was holding a knife with an 8-inch blade. Both Zoellick and the knife were smeared with blood.

LaFave told police that Zoellick insisted she inspect Khan's body. Kahn, she said, was on his back, face up. He was covered with blood. His hands were still bound with zip ties.

Zoellick parked the car in a storage shed, then the couple drove to his mother's house. It was about 10:30 p.m. Zoellick, his mother and LaFave drove to a nearby Wal-Mart and went shopping.

Zoellick shot himself to death Friday night.

On Saturday, police found Khan's body.

A friend of Zoellick's whom police say knew about the murder has been charged in Dodge County with aiding a felon.

LaFave is charged with felony murder. She faces up to 55 years in prison.
Are you SERIOUS? She didn't want to say anything about a planned murder just for some car because she didn't want him to break up with her after a few weeks of dating?! She needs help too...anyone in their right mind in that position would one tell the police immediately, two wouldn't be involved in such a hanus act, and would get the hell away from someone like that which she met over the internet on MySpace and has known for a couple weeks.

The whole story is pathetic, aggravating, and sad.

Last edited by Tnnrx7; Oct 7, 2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
Don't tell me to relax. Your comment was completely unnecessary, low, and stupid. You just don't say dumb things like that over such a saddening and sick event that left a innocent and good man dead for nothing.
Actually, it wasn't for nothing... it was for an Evo! People grieve in different ways I guess.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
Couldn't have been said any better. derekste, just stop typing. You are lucky this is the internet because more than likely this is just how you react to certain situations. Well, one day your comments will get your @ss kicked and it will be for good reason. Many people have told you to just shut up and you're still here posting your stupid @ss remarks.