Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2006 Evo, Salvage title

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brokenevo
salvage basically cuts the cost of the car in 1/2 I am sure he only paid about 9k for it.

are you serious man, your clueless. you think a 2006 Mitsu Evo IX is worth only $13,000 in perfect condition? You must still be wearing diapers still lol. That car if nothing is wrong with it and stock is worth $26,000.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but you wrote that a vehicle with a salvage title is worth half a clean titled car's value, then you say it's worth $26,000? After that you reply with this.

A salvaged car even in perfect condition does not have the same value as a car with a clean title.
You're losing your mind i'm afraid.

Please only contribute a post of what you think the car is worth that I posted the link about.

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:41 PM

right dude yeah your a winner.
fail.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

That why I never bought a salvage title car. Something might happen on the long run.

Dudes prolly losing his mind.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know this guy personally. He has a EVO/STI shop down here. I've seen the car. Good buy. He says they broke the window and stole the radio, turbo and I forget what else which he obviously has since replaced. The car is in near mint condition. All stock.

Last edited by pls1968; Oct 10, 2008 at 04:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

It will suck big time on resale, and if something to happened to this car insurance company will never pay you as much as you paid for it. I would say 17-18k for a car like that
Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
YUK especially for 20k.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$11K. I would never buy a salvage car for the road. Track day, time attack, autox car yes.

That thing would be so hard to sell on.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:01 AM

Generally a car on a salvage title is worth 60% of natural values. But they are best for track days. But it depends on why it was salvaged to begin with.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:46 AM

This car has a salvage title because of theft. They stole the ecu, front leather seats, amplifier, turbo, air bag module and intercooler. The windshield was cracked and the driver's door glass was broken, THAT'S IT! Everything was replaced with genuine mitsubishi parts. This car is in like new condition with original paint as it has never been in an accident. This is a good buy for someone that wants an evo 9 for a couple of thousand dollars less than it's value, someone that wants to export it or someone that wants to modify it, which would void your warranty anyways. The percentage rate difference that i see some of you guys have between a salvage title car or clean title car , i really have to wonder where do you get your facts from.
I've been offered up to $19,500 for this car, so you guys that are thinking about making an offer in the 12 thousand range, basically..............you can't afford it!!!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by bertune
This car has a salvage title because of theft. They stole the ecu, front leather seats, amplifier, turbo, air bag module and intercooler. The windshield was cracked and the driver's door glass was broken, THAT'S IT! Everything was replaced with genuine mitsubishi parts. This car is in like new condition with original paint as it has never been in an accident. This is a good buy for someone that wants an evo 9 for a couple of thousand dollars less than it's value, someone that wants to export it or someone that wants to modify it, which would void your warranty anyways. The percentage rate difference that i see some of you guys have between a salvage title car or clean title car , i really have to wonder where do you get your facts from.
I've been offered up to $19,500 for this car, so you guys that are thinking about making an offer in the 12 thousand range, basically..............you can't afford it!!!

I see your points. I do. If i were you though I would take the 19,500. Thats a good offer for a salvage title car. Imho 19,500 is too much regardless of the minor dmg. The title says SALVAGE. I had a salvage vr4 before with 10k miles and couldn't get nothing out of it because of a fender bender someone had with it before i owned it. I bought it salvaged and tried to resale later for book price.

The car was very mint but most people don't care how well the car looks or sounds. It's the fact that it is salvage that they look at. I thought it was pretty absurd also how people acted towards salvage titles with little to no dmg really but that's just the way it is. and for 21k yes you can get a low mileage 9 for that with a clean title. I would say 15k-17k would be a good price for a salvage 9 granted that's my opinion, But with the way money is now days people are going to research. Goodluck with the sale though.

Last edited by poon_slayer; Oct 10, 2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Haha I read the whole thread and realized it was you John...

My 2 cents is this: EVERYONE everywhere always tries to sell "theft recovery" cars which are salvage at much closer to normal value than other salvage titles. The point isn't that the parts that were stolen were replaced. The point is the car was stolen. If you STOLE and Evo, and knew you were going to get away with it, what would you do to it?

People worry about regular Evo's getting the **** beat out of em. I'd worry like crazy about this. Even if the theives only drove it a few miles, I bet they beat the **** out of it those few miles. And you don't want another car with a lot of problems 15k or less is the most I would pay for ANY salvage Evo.

And btw everyone else... Salvage lowers the value of the car because banks won't give loans for nearly as much on a salvage title car. So it wouldn't matter if it was water damage and ALL the damage had been 100% fixed, the bank still wouldn't give as much money.

I think insurance plays some part too, like they don't insure it for as much or something.

Anyway 13k would be awesome for it! 21k would be stupid.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bertune
I understand your reasoning behind your opinion, but what you need to realize is that regardless if it was wrecked or not it still has a SALVAGE title. As UT EVO has said, banks won't loan on it (especially right now).

If you have been offered $19,500 you should take it!

I can afford this car at your asking price but it is an unfair price.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Luck getting what you want. 19.5k would of been the route. And the idiot who would buy it for that much, hence does not know anything and would be screwed in the long run. Anyways, get 21k if you can. I say it's worth 12K at most.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

I wonder what insurance company would feel about insuring a salvaged car? Does the title say "Salvage Title (but not really because it is was stolen then recovered so it's just technically salvaged since it was not totaled)"? I don't think so. People with a half brain knows that any car with a salvage title (with very rare and few exceptions) will be worth about 50-60% or retail value. If someone offered you 19.5K and you refused then good luck finding another sucker.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

I am gonna hop the boat that says you definately shoulda taken the 19.5.

Quick Reply: 2006 Evo, Salvage title