Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I need an honest opinion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fox2boost
yea sure take mine you can pay me in snack packs and number 2 pencils
You take lunchables?
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Too young by far. Had I got this car at 16 it'd be totalled,me possibly dead,and others at risk on the road. I thought I could drive then.If only I knew. Listen to us when we tell you that the insurance will be far more than other cars.FAR MORE. I was looking into getting a vette before the evo and guess what? Insurance was cheaper for the corvette. I was 22 years old. I cant imagine 16.Even on mommy and daddys policy youre gonna pay more than the car payment itself.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:45 AM

It really depends on the person though... I bought my evo brand new when I was 18 and was not making much money at all... maybe 1200 after taxes but I lived at home and didn't spend money on anything else really and here I am 2 years later with the same car and I don't regret it one bit... And no tickets thank you very much well thank your passport that is haha... 16 is very hard though because most likely you don't have a full time job but it is possible if you want it bad enough... Check insurance first... I almost had to take my car back to the dealership when I saw insurance rates on like 500+ a month then got lucky and went through military insurance company(USAA) and got it for 220 a month
Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by speedypollard
An Evo is simply way too much car for a 16 year old no matter what and im not talking just about the speed. The care an Evo needs and the expenses are also way too extreme for a kid's first car. I definitely recommend a slow, reliable Honda for ur first car
i got mine when i turned 16 and have had it for 3 years, its not too extreme for a first car as long as the driver is responsible and can respect the car
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:53 PM

Evo is a little too much car at 16, like others have said if I had an Evo at 16 I would be dead
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by BigNTasty
Alright well thanks for the opinions i did ask for something honest and i got what i asked for thanks but i still think i have a shot im currently training for Comp TI A+ certification which sets me off starting at $20 an hour im not just a foolish young kid i know what my goals are but thanks and yea im thinking hard about what i really want.
There's no way you're going to drop into a $20+ hour job with just an A+ cert. I've been in IT for about 3 1/2 years have an A+, and Network+ certs, and it took over two years to break the $15 mark. IT is full of newbies. You're going to need prove yourself at a much lower wage and get a lot more experience under your belt if you expect to make that kind of money, especially if it's going to be your first IT job.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigNTasty
Alright well thanks for the opinions i did ask for something honest and i got what i asked for thanks but i still think i have a shot im currently training for Comp TI A+ certification which sets me off starting at $20 an hour im not just a foolish young kid i know what my goals are but thanks and yea im thinking hard about what i really want.

sorry to burst your bubble but you will not make $20 an hour just with that cert.

a+ is like the minnium for call center type work which is more like $7 an hour.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

What ever you get, one thing i learned its better to buy it stock. That way you dont have to worry about fixing other peoples mistakes, i.e. bad wiring jobs, crappy motor rebuilds, etc. And youll get more enjoyment out of it when you start putting power makers on.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

hey buddy keep your head up its hard starting out but im 20 and im going to buy another evo in a hr on top of the one still sitting in my garage. but i will tell you this. get a good paying job and a couple of beaters cause you WILL crash you 1st couple cars im 20 yrs old and im on my 23 car lol (no evos were every crashed my me)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well.. all i gotta say is... good luck paying for insurance... like others say, start out with something driveable and liable. then buy a evo when your older
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^if ur only 20 and on ur 23 car u need to a.) Get the hell off the road or b.) Give up driving for the safety of the rest of us. I've got friends that do demolition derbies and have went through less cars in ten years.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by kylemcritchie
hey buddy keep your head up its hard starting out but im 20 and im going to buy another evo in a hr on top of the one still sitting in my garage. but i will tell you this. get a good paying job and a couple of beaters cause you WILL crash you 1st couple cars im 20 yrs old and im on my 23 car lol (no evos were every crashed my me)
why, why?

this thread was two years old. also, im 23 and have yet to crash a car. im sure a lot of others are accident-free also
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

just get a loan and have your parents cosign with you. you give the seller a check and their payed off, then you just pay your bank the monthly payments.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

This thread is like 2 years old...BigNTasty what car did you end up getting??
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well, if he doesn't respond in a few days i take it he doesn't go on this forum anymore. and if he doesn't go on this forum anymore, i think it's safe to assume he didn't go with the evo

Quick Reply: I need an honest opinion