Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

U.S. Evo what that the compete against

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2002, 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by broeli
Hate to say it, but it would not crush a new Mustang GT. The new '03 Cobra and '03 Mach 1 Mustang would both beat the Evo. '03 Cobra will run a 12.5 quarter mile and handle damn good...the '03 Mach 1 has turned 12.96. Yes, the regular GT may get beat but not crushed .
I didn't say cobra! and it would crush a GT. The GT is not impressive at all. I beat two of them with a supercharged 4Runner.

Also not to mention we are talking stock to stock. When you modify cars it is a whole new ball game.

last time I checked I didn't see any sub 5 second mustangs 0-60 and 13 1/2 isn't quite as low as many 1/4 mile times I'v seen for the EVO either. Any way at the traffic light I doubt you can really run a full 1/4 mile so the EVO would indeed crush the mustang, probably the SS and WS6, and give the C5 a real good run for the money.

Last edited by 1stinline; May 3, 2002 at 03:45 AM.
Old May 3, 2002, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Looking forward to the day I meet another low 10 second street car though
Oh I didn't even catch this until re-reading it again...
Is this a joke? You think you are the only one with a 10 second street car? Must be from the boonies or something....

I'll tell ya this, you better shave 1 more second off of that thing in case one of my buddies drop **** loads of boost on Rustang #845242.
Old May 3, 2002, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Hate to break it to you but I'm not the one that started comparing them
BTW, what do you mean your buddies get thrills....do they run 10's? I guess they have accumulated enough rice sticker, wings, and clear lights on their cars to put them in the 10's , eh?
This is the only thing I don't like about the import crowd and getting involved in it...to many immature teenage or close to teenage kids thinking anything american is inferior and make excuses. You beat a GT with your 4runner eh,? Doubt it My friends 4runner is a slow pos that wouldn't even hold it's own to my Durango.
And Evosoul I am hardly in the boonies.. Actually there are a ton of quick street cars here in Cincinnati Ohio...just never been beat by one. And you say don't get my pants caught down with any import dragsters..sorry never seen any of those sub 10sec import dragsters on the street
Grow up a little. I can appreciate imports AND domestics but I guess some people like you are too immature and narrow-minded, oh well.
Old May 3, 2002, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Evosoul, where are you from?
If your close I'd be happy to meet you and your friends so they can get a ton of laughs like you said. It would be my pleasure
Old May 3, 2002, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Hate to break it to you but I'm not the one that started comparing them
BTW, what do you mean your buddies get thrills....do they run 10's? I guess they have accumulated enough rice sticker, wings, and clear lights on their cars to put them in the 10's , eh?
This is the only thing I don't like about the import crowd and getting involved in it...to many immature teenage or close to teenage kids thinking anything american is inferior and make excuses. You beat a GT with your 4runner eh,? Doubt it My friends 4runner is a slow pos that wouldn't even hold it's own to my Durango.
And Evosoul I am hardly in the boonies.. Actually there are a ton of quick street cars here in Cincinnati Ohio...just never been beat by one. And you say don't get my pants caught down with any import dragsters..sorry never seen any of those sub 10sec import dragsters on the street
Grow up a little. I can appreciate imports AND domestics but I guess some people like you are too immature and narrow-minded, oh well.
Believe me I get a lot of ignorant folks like you. You can say, speak, type, think what you want to believe whatever you want and think that your American POS is faster in YOUR local area. You can label me or tag me anything you want because I know and have seen my buddies run 9s on those 4-bangers you look down on. If you were just miles away from me I'd be glad to come down, make a bet, have my friend take hundreds of dollars from you, and smack your head around a few times.
Old May 3, 2002, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

Evosoul, where are you from?
If your close I'd be happy to meet you and your friends so they can get a ton of laughs like you said. It would be my pleasure
Hey bright one,
Location says LA213 which means Los Angeles. My friends are in Norwalk/Long Beach area, so if you have ***** to come down and have money to lose make a trip anytime. Bring a camera too so we can tape this thing and post it here. It sure will be lots of laughs....
Old May 3, 2002, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

Speaking of narrow minded

I can appreciate fast mutangs. The aftermarket is probably the biggest for the mustang crowd. What is annoying to me though is how arrogant the rednecks who typically drive these cars are.

10 second street cars are running around all over the place. Your stang isn't the only one. I know of many Supra's and RX-7 that can run 10 seconds and they don't have clear tail lights on them either.

BTW, I actually have taken two stock Mustang GT's with my TRD supercharged 4Runner. I'm not bragging about how fast my 4Runner is, I am just pointing out how disappointing a stock mustang GT can be.

Not all fans of japanese cars are rice boys.

Last edited by 1stinline; May 3, 2002 at 04:27 AM.
Old May 3, 2002, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 1stinline
Speaking of narrow minded

I can appreciate fast mutangs. The aftermarket is probably the biggest for the mustang crowd. What is annoying to me though is how arrogant the rednecks who typically drive these cars are.

10 second street cars are running around all over the place. Your stang isn't the only one. I know of many Supra's and RX-7 that can run 10 seconds and they don't have clear tail lights on them either.

Not all fans of japanese cars are rice boys.
To add to this,
My buddy's dragster is an Eclipse GSX which spells AWD for you rednecks, and its appearance is stock.

Off discussion, riced up or not, what does it matter it matter to anyone? It's not your damn car so let them be...although some of the stuff we see is unbearable.
Old May 3, 2002, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

1stinline, I can agree with what you've said. As for you Evosoul you're full of BS. Show me pics of your friends STREET driven 9 second 4 bangers and please list the mods/buildup. A good friend of mine has a street driven Honda built up with forged crank, pistons, Crower rods, etc. with supercharger and nitrous all dyno tuned (ton of money in it). It is quick but it isn't a 9 or 10 sec car. So I'm going to quit debating with you and let you believe you're running around with your friends in 9 second Hondas
Old May 3, 2002, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

You can suck it =p

Why should I prove anything to a redneck Rustang?

If you want to know about my Honda it runs 0-60 26 sec 1/4 mile 57 sec.

BTW, I did mention all this time it was an Eclipse or can you not understand nor comprehend ****.

Moreover, there are 9 second Hondas out there. Please feel free to go about and edumacate yourself by reading a Turbo magazine subscription.

Are you sure your Rustang can hang? I'm afraid it'll break after a couple runs, that would be a laughing sight to see

Old May 3, 2002, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Oh and just because your redneck friend can't tune his poor lil' Honda to run 10s doesn't mean everyone else can't. You better get him to buy your gas choking heap of steel.
Old May 3, 2002, 05:17 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Take it to PM's please!
Old May 3, 2002, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah! Both of you are full of it. Mustang Cobra's are pretty damned cool and 9 sec street cars are sure as hell NOT a dime a dozen. At the same time, tuned Eclipse GSX's are hot and Mustang's suck in the corners compared to an AWD 4 banger (or "v4" like EvoSoul said ).
Old May 3, 2002, 06:48 AM

I'm sure we will all take turns getting beat by something or other. There is always someone with a faster car than yours. If you are lucky enough to avoid that car, good for you, but that doesn't make a slower car a POS. But it sure is fun to race people that think they are faster, and then beat them! All in good fun, I say.
Old May 3, 2002, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Ya...this thread's run it's course...