Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my crazy night on the side of the road

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by icrnk
Fleshlight?
Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
^^^ bahahahhaha the fleshlight...!
lol I was waiting for someone to notice
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ That picture looks terrifying in its own rights. But upon closer inspection, I see that he is pulling your car with those towing ropes.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoHung
^^^ That picture looks terrifying in its own rights. But upon closer inspection, I see that he is pulling your car with those towing ropes.
The terrifying part was one of the tow truck operators was talking to me while the other guy was looking for the front tow hook. When he couldn't find it in 5 seconds of thorough examination, he decided he was going to wrap the tow strap around my B pillar, so he wanted me to put the rear window down.

Umm, I quickly went to the front of the car and pulled the splash guard down to reveal the front tow hook.

Crushed B pillar avoided. I had an E36 bumper shock welded to my bumper so I can have a tow hook ring very visibly positioned on the front of the car. (It rocks, thanks to BoxerSix on this board) Just need to get one of those orange arrows to point at it for Tommy the Special Needs Tow Truck guy to notice.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats the dumbest thing i ever heard! ^^^
i guess when you drop out of school after the 5th grade, theres not much left you can do besides tow cars...
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:56 AM

I have been on the side of the road twice, at night, due to my Buschur LICP popping off. In fact the last time was the day that I got it back from the tuning shop here.

I took my neighbor out for a quick spin...and boom! Blew it off. Took me almost an hour to fix. Poor guy got stuck helping me.

I love Buschur parts, but their LICP is crap. I got the ETS LICP and it is a much better made part - with the correct bend. Since I have put that on, no more issues...
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:01 AM

I think we have all been there and done that. the last time my ic pipe blew off it hit the bottom(plastic part) of my radiator and broke it. imagine how freaked out i was...i knew it was an ic pipe then there was all this water!!! Coming from the dsm world i ALWAYS have tools and a flashlight lol.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

disconnecting ur MAF sensor when ur IC pipe blows off will help allowing the ecu to run on preset valve, hence u can get home safe or to local repair shop to get it fix. just saves some time and hassle of fix thing on the side of the road wich is extremely dangers...