Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo windshield same as reg. lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NASTYIXMR
I would get one from the dealership that way you dont have mixed match getto lookin windows, thats just like having different tires all around on your car.
Dont be cheap get what goes on your car, i mean come on you bought a evo not a civic!
dude, you won't even be able to tell the difference.

I had my rear window cracked, it would cost $780 installed. I paid $120 for lancer rear window, so what - no more rear wiper, big deal
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8
dude, you won't even be able to tell the difference.

I had my rear window cracked, it would cost $780 installed. I paid $120 for lancer rear window, so what - no more rear wiper, big deal
Ive had many windows replaced many times and there never like oem ones period. To some it matters and others it dont. Everyone has there the own opinon on stuff.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:55 AM
TS8
Evolving Member

Just remember, the side windows are definitely not compatible.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 09:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been sporting a regular Lancer windshield in my Evo for a while now... yes it's a little heavier, but other than that it fits the frame and stripping. HOWEVER, the rearview mirror bracket is different (at least on 03's). You will have to get the regular Lancer rearview mirror to fit. Or have the installer snap the old bracket off the old windshield and glue it on new one. At $180 installed, I just bought another rearview mirror with all the money I saved over an "Evo" windshield.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

There is alot of people that post wrong information on here, I searched forever a few months ago when my 06 Evo windshield cracked. I got a lancer windshield after the dealer shattered both the evo windshields shipping them to me. The lancer one is the EXACT same thickness and weight. EXACT SAME. Rear view mirror is also the exact same. It is a pilkington windshield. Im not saying that all the aftermarket lancer ones are the same but the pilkington is.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good for you and your own personal experience... however, lets not try to be so pompous as to think that other people's EXPERIENCES are "wrong information". It makes you sound like the "***" regardless of your intent. Mine, of course, was NOT a "pilkington", and the rearview was a completely different clip. Safelite I believe was the brand. Mines a street car, so weight was not a consideration for me. Therefore I didn't care to verify that point.

Last edited by Zeus; Oct 22, 2008 at 06:19 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 07:34 AM

they're the same.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by 1evo2h8
wow...all 3 mitsu dealers in houston quoted me at 675$ + tax out the door no install.
that's way too expensive! Thanks for everyone's input, i'm gonna get the regular lancer's windshield.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

my replacement windshield cost me $200 installed!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:51 AM
Evolving Member

It's the same. The only differents is the hole for the wipers.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

well several SoCal Mitsu dealerships give 30% off all OEM parts, hince the cheaper price...
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

ahh .. well looks like i have to join this clubs of windshield being replaced hahah.. good to know the prices from other evo owners and info
Old May 2, 2010, 01:05 PM

Yeah I'm next in line also for a new windshield.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:39 PM

HELP! Anyone have the part no of the rear windshield of both the Evo8 and the standard Lancers?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 08:08 PM

okay im here to clear some stuff up for all the people argueing..i know its been a few years but for anyone seeing this in the future.

I am an autoglass technition not some "pompous ***". Lancer and Evo windshields are going to be the exact same....however, safelite is the WORST glass you can get, its cheap chincy and the glass is very soft, pitting very easily....pilkington, ppg, and aptech all manufacture oem glass....it may be slightly thinner than oem to save on cost, lets face it nothing will beat oem...but for an aftermarket glass those are the 3 brands you will always want to ask for. some of the cheap chinese aftermarket glass that some shops will put in to save themselves money, are very wavy and looks like complete crap...but there are some aftermarket brand glass that is very comparable to oem, pilkington being the closest

Quick Reply: Evo windshield same as reg. lancer?