Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2003, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SUN DAY SUN DAY SUN DAY at the WWF school of marketing...

This whole thread is as bad as wrestling... But wrestling generates money as a from of advertising and you all fall right into watching the train wreck..

This is too much like the finger pointing and name calling in the ring... Time to change the channel.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

We should all just stop the hating, and support on what AL is doing. Even though he might have a big head about his work, we all are interested on how much an EVO can take. For my self I am using this as a way of learning more about the EVO. Any ways, AL just keep your head up, just not to high.

Last edited by David21186; Sep 7, 2003 at 12:49 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Useless fighting over the net, just take it to the track and show your stuff.

Last edited by David21186; Sep 7, 2003 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

edited

Last edited by blonde; Sep 7, 2003 at 12:38 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

um... this thread will be locked any minute now...

great job fellas!
Old Sep 7, 2003, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by superz
I can't beleive your blown up ego!!! I mean anyone would think that you're a moron. Why do you put down all the "lesser earning people". If I had your money flow (cash or credit) I and ANYONE would not only go faster but also cheaper. But that's not the point. The point is that there are 2 things that come with the EVOs that you haven't noticed
1-there is this 3 spoke thingie on the left hand side of the dashboard called a STEERING WHEEL. Learn to use it as this car handles amazingly!! Learn to drive the car, and I don't mean straight.

2-there are these attractive red things that go inside the wheels.These are called BREMBO brakes. They were designed to slow you down before diving into a CORNER.
If you haven't noticed the EVO is NOT a 1/4 mile drag car. Yes your times are impressive, but that's a percentage of the capabilities of this car.
Wow I bet you think you really told him huh? Yes the EVO has amazing handling. Are you out there at the autox track or open track setting new laptimes every week? Since you seem to think that road racing is 10x more respectable then drag racing what have you done on a track that would be worth mentioning?
Old Sep 7, 2003, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

superz just put it this way, now he has the power to pull after a turn, do you???? Dont forget about TOP end
Old Sep 7, 2003, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by YellwTyper
Al are you going to attempt a 600WHP before you attempt to run against the ESX? I think the only reason why they might not want to is because they have a reputation on the line, reputation meaning Business to keep alive. It would be seriously bad to see a street driven Evo beat a full race WRX, it would just be bad! It would be nice for bragging rights, but the ESX guys really have ALOT to lose, not running would be their best option if they want to actually keep the company alive.

One question would you let a group of people work on our car after they lost to a street car? And their arch rival car out of all people?
I'm glad someone sees through those guys !!! They agreed to race me BEFORE they realized that I would be laying down the smack on them in my "street EVO" prob with DAN driving - thats when they wised up and decided they better find a way to back out of what THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY agreed to !

After they gave me their word they would race me - I went out and rented the track for one hour - - - - and also made other arrangments to get there to race them

After all that plus working on my car to get ready they start to try and back out last night

I guess they rather show off by killing a buntch of slowBAru WRX's

Lets hope they agree to do what they said they would do
Old Sep 7, 2003, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
I guess they rather show off by killing a buntch of slowBAru WRX's

Lets hope they agree to do what they said they would do
Even if they don't show up, couldn't you still get a better 1/4mi time than their best? It'd be almost as good as them being there for the defeat. Just get it on film with that Renn-ART camera.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by AvatarOfWar

Even if they don't show up, couldn't you still get a better 1/4mi time than their best? It'd be almost as good as them being there for the defeat. Just get it on film with that Renn-ART camera.
I intend to make some mid 10 second runs this week for sure and hopefully i will have that camera thing to record it for all you nuts to watch !
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by rdrkt

Wow I bet you think you really told him huh? Yes the EVO has amazing handling. Are you out there at the autox track or open track setting new laptimes every week? Since you seem to think that road racing is 10x more respectable then drag racing what have you done on a track that would be worth mentioning?

Al goes fast straight, so we must tell him that the evo is not made for that. Are you taking the corners fast buttwipe? I did not see you set any record. Did I miss that? Your probably a ***** and cruise with your car racing slow *** NA Hondas at the cruise spot and telling them all the BS you have. You are the worst kind of assh*le. What car was made for drag racing? Wait, I see the dealer now, "Here we have the line lock option with 5000 stall converter for $3000.

You tell me!

Yeah, I road race! woohoo! Pathetic asswipes! Stick to the thread!
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, just from seeing HP when at the level, I'd most likely see you doing----11.2-11.0! We should do a evolutionm.net pool. Ill be the book-ee! When is this race going to happen anyways?

Make sure to have videos from ALL ANGLES!
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
I intend to make some mid 10 second runs this week for sure and hopefully i will have that camera thing to record it for all you nuts to watch !

Al, dont bench race, just keep quiet and do it, then post. This is what a few people are getting upset at. I am hearing it from everywhere lately, and I am defending you, but its hard. People dont want to hear about braggers. They dont know you, and the k-brd is emotionless. Very common on the Virtual race scene. You are excited and want to show/help others with knowledge. Some take it the wrong way. Some dont like that style etc.

As for the flat out haters, they all have e-cars. They can beat you with less. I have heard that story before.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:58 PM

Originally posted by YellwTyper
Honestly, just from seeing HP when at the level, I'd most likely see you doing----11.2-11.0! We should do a evolutionm.net pool. Ill be the book-ee! When is this race going to happen anyways?

Make sure to have videos from ALL ANGLES!

Im down for it
Old Sep 7, 2003, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GaryChios

Al, dont bench race, just keep quiet and do it, then post. This is what a few people are getting upset at:
I know - I know - I'm just trying to enjoy my last few moments in the sunshine - - dejan began working on his EVO today and it will be rady in about 10 days - once get is finished - I have a feeling my days as the fastest and with the most HP are over for good !

Quick Reply: 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there