Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2003, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by blonde
i don't think anybody is hating Al because he tries to make his car faster. i for one have a lot of respect for him for that and i do want to know what he does and how he does that. i think the reason peoplke have problems with Al is because he treats everyone like **** and for him everybody else is a loser. he seems to be looking for fights and flame wars. like i told Al before, i do think that he can be a great asset to this board due to his knowledge and experience but for some reason he chooses to treat everybody like **** and bash any person who doesn't have the means or the desire to be as fast or faster.
Its amazing how sick minds "hear" things and imagine these lurid fanatsys. I really don't think I have been "treating anyone like ****" just because I post here how fast my car is or how much power it makes - PERIOD; then all these slow pokes come out of the woodwork and start to hurl personal attacks and insults against me - simply becuase they will hate on anyone with a faster car. Its only after these select few start making personal insults and attacks against me that I start to sling some mud back.

Facts are - my car is fast - I like to brag about it. some insecure guys will get upset and start to wine like women cause they are jealous.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Al,

Have you run your new setup against the x-mas tree yet?
Old Sep 13, 2003, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by STiDreams
Hey Al,

Have you run your new setup against the x-mas tree yet?
No the whole car is apart this weekend as I am installing a lot of new parts from some sponsors and also re-freshing the clutch and fixing a stubborn valve guide

I should have head straight for the track with my car - BUT - foolishly I drove around for 700 miles trying to give it an easy break in and by the time I did that there were a few loose ends poppping up which needed to be dealt with

This time when i get it all together - it will go straight to the dyno and then to the track - all without passing go and collecting $200.00

Only good thing about it so far is I was able to have a COMPLETE blast driving such a fast car on the street and I got to take a few of my EVO buddies for some sick rides - I once drove a NINJA 1000 street bike - thats about the only other thing I have been on that is this fast on the street
Old Sep 14, 2003, 11:43 AM

Hey Al,

What new parts are going in? What problem are you having with the valve guide? Sory to hear about the problems. I hope you will have it all sorted out soon. I'm anxious to see what it'll do on the track. Keep us posted.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Al, I have an Exedy clutch in my car myself and from what I remember you have an Exedy clutch in your car also right?
I noticed that in the last post you made you mentioned that you were "re-freshing" the clutch, could give us details on this? I am just wondering if this thing is going to hold up (my clutch) and for how long?
Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by STiDreams
Hey Al,

What new parts are going in? What problem are you having with the valve guide? Sory to hear about the problems. I hope you will have it all sorted out soon. I'm anxious to see what it'll do on the track. Keep us posted.
I had the tip of one new valve guide break off - its a fluke - the guys at Pruven never saw it happen before - it could be realted to the very high lify JUN cams - or an installation error or a defect in the casting - who knows

In any event our sponsor Ferrea is comming out with racing guides in a few weeks - those should help

I am stwitching over to a NX 75 shot set up and also putting in the Tein EDFC

While I'm at it I am replacing my Cusco clutch disks which BOZZ was kind of enough to source out for me

In about 10 days we should see some good things on the track
Old Sep 14, 2003, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

When and if are you running the ESX?
Old Sep 14, 2003, 12:05 PM
In Timeout

Is (your car) Ferrea doing a full head, ie. Oversize valves, etc.?
Old Sep 14, 2003, 01:13 PM

Hey Al, drop a line sometime!

Matt
Old Sep 14, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 5StarSuzuki
Is (your car) Ferrea doing a full head, ie. Oversize valves, etc.?
Yeah they are doing the whole thing - I should have it all by weeks end !

Yo MATT ! Wassup man !
Old Sep 14, 2003, 04:48 PM

I posted to you on the previous page...dunno if you caught it. I'm dyin to check out that beast of yours! and Yo Wassap AL!

Matt
Old Sep 15, 2003, 03:27 PM

Hey Al, i thought you would have run it by now. Its Ok, good luck on the valve stuff. Are you replacing the one piston too?
Old Sep 15, 2003, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GaryChios
Hey Al, i thought you would have run it by now. Its Ok, good luck on the valve stuff. Are you replacing the one piston too?
Actually - I am taking the opportunity to put in a brand new set of pistons and re-ring them - why not - when its all apart ?

Hopefully it will all be back together by the end of the week =

Did yoy try the spray yet ?
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:43 PM

OK, good luck. Spray is in, but I also bought slicks now. That should really help my 2nd and 3rd gear spinning. I figure, if I hook, it should go 9's off the bottle.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GaryChios
OK, good luck. Spray is in, but I also bought slicks now. That should really help my 2nd and 3rd gear spinning. I figure, if I hook, it should go 9's off the bottle.
Did you spray it yet ? (Make sure its very rich to start)!!!!!

Quick Reply: 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there