Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2003, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck with the build up Al, i know i am giving you hard times here and there but i wish you the best of luck with making your car run great again. let me know if you need anything!!
Old Sep 15, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by blonde
good luck with the build up Al, i know i am giving you hard times here and there but i wish you the best of luck with making your car run great again. let me know if you need anything!!
Thanks man

Just seems like I ran things a bit lean with the NOS and got a quick but very bad spot of detonation - my knock link picked it up and I lifted right away. The car continued to run fine - BUT - closer inspection after taking it all apart reveals the rod bearings are beat up a bit. I will be sure to run things much richer on the juice next time at 30 lbs of boost !

On the postive side - the o-ringed block is holding the big boost and spray like a champ - the head gasket looked mint. Also the crank and block are also perfect.

Changing out the rod bearings and rings is really easy now that i have the floating wrist pin pistons - I even can do it with the engine in the car so things should be back and running as soon as I get the new set of pistons later this week

Also, I am hoping that the new Ferrea EVO valve train is done by the end of this week that promises to be very exciting
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

I can't watch are dowload any of the two videos. It tells me that the site cannot be found. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

bpclements - The site has been down for week now, it seems that the aholes that hosted my site suddenly disappeared!!! I am working on getting it back up, it should be another week or so, I'll post when its back up.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Did you spray it yet ? (Make sure its very rich to start)!!!!!
Timing is going to be as important if not more so then your afr. My buddy runs 144 traps in his DSM 25lbs and a 100 shot. He has to run well under 20 degrees timing and a plug 2 ranges colder than stock. Even then head gaskets can be an issue.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rdrkt

Timing is going to be as important if not more so then your afr. My buddy runs 144 traps in his DSM 25lbs and a 100 shot. He has to run well under 20 degrees timing and a plug 2 ranges colder than stock. Even then head gaskets can be an issue.
I am going to retard the timing as well and the colder plugs - I am not playing around next time ! Its no longer just a simple easy mod when you are spraying on top of 30 psi !
Old Sep 21, 2003, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

How many HP is the HKS 3037 kit rated?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BadBoyBeltran
How many HP is the HKS 3037 kit rated?
I think the HKS time attack evo used it to make like 520 hp

On my car with stock intake manifold it can make like 450 to the wheels on street gas and no spray
Old Sep 21, 2003, 09:01 PM
In Timeout

Im requesting a new post...with

all the new *new* upgrades on your car, the changes to your setup...your sponsers and how your tuning differently, nos etc.

Pictures of your car and pruvens black evo...

wtf is dynoflash?
and most importantly

Are you going to be at maplegrove this weekend???
Old Sep 21, 2003, 09:25 PM

I'm with 5star on this one. Hey Al why don't you do another post with your trials a tribulations. Start with your bolt ons to results with cams to engine/head build to what went wrong to your current build. It would be nice to see what power your got at what stage of your build. Kind of like a road map for those who want a little more power (things you did at the beggining) to the totally crazy power (what you're doing now).