Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who's gonna have the first EVO VIII in the 600s
Old Sep 3, 2003, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Alfried, Im willing to drive 1/2 the distance to your whereabouts just to take a ride in this thing! Tell me some stuff about it, I couldn't find it in the posts....the internals, brand etc, stroked? Turbo kit? drivetrain mods..hows the tranny holding up? And last, videos! I'll come film for you, I've got a nice camera, Im sure you do too, but I'd love to get some 4 wheels slides and donuts on camera.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor

did yo u try this site?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=518whp
Old Sep 4, 2003, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by feldguy
Alfried, Im willing to drive 1/2 the distance to your whereabouts just to take a ride in this thing! Tell me some stuff about it, I couldn't find it in the posts....the internals, brand etc, stroked? Turbo kit? drivetrain mods..hows the tranny holding up? And last, videos! I'll come film for you, I've got a nice camera, Im sure you do too, but I'd love to get some 4 wheels slides and donuts on camera.
IF you want to come here I will be very happy to take you for a ride - IF your bladder and bowels can withstand the experience !
Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

C-16 fumes wafting back through the cabin at a stoplight after exiting a cat-less exhaust is one of the greatest scents in the world. They should bottle that ****.

Although my buddy's 02 sensor went pretty quick after running that leaded fuel for a couple months and only driving the car really on weekends.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:14 PM

Al, what were your SAE Corrected numbers... As you know, actual numbers as you can have 50+ rwhp swings in actual numbers across the U.S. on any given day...
Thanks
Peter
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:45 PM

im getting sick of al's posts and his bragging in general.....
600hp ok, whatever good luck, it has been done you have the same motor as evo7, so whats so special about it, its not like you started with a civic
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by houstonT
Al, what were your SAE Corrected numbers... As you know, actual numbers as you can have 50+ rwhp swings in actual numbers across the U.S. on any given day...
Thanks
Peter
Holy **** its Peter B the man! Are you slumming with us Mitsu guys until you can find another Supra?
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by enkei1
600hp ok, whatever good luck, it has been done you have the same motor as evo7, so whats so special about it, its not like you started with a civic
Lots of hate there man I dont know where it all stems from. You may look at is as bragging but most people here like to see what's possible with their cars. You have to respect Al for constantly pushing the limits.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rdrkt
what's possible with their cars.
or you mean what someone else's checkbook is capable of shelling out..

Get to a Road Racing Circuit, and you'll find out more of what the Evo is capable of than any amount of money will..
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Kill yourself for putting the words civic and evo together. Oh, wait...I never want to read another post from you, again. There isn't a single person aside from you who thinks he is bragging, nor is anyone jealous except the obvious person, you. Al, keep posting your progress and I may take you up on that offer.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

I took a few local fellow EVO owners out for test drives tonight - wanted to shake it down with some full 4th gear passes to make sure I wasn't hitting the fuel cut or anything in 4th gear (nothing more embarassing than to hit the fuel cut in 4th gear at the end of a race your winning on the track and loose)

Anway - next time I am going to dyno this baby in 4th gear for sure - - it builds more and more power the faster you go

Running very well - all the Pruven race parts are holding up under regular street driving just fine and holding up with the nos under full boost
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by enkei1
I love you too sweety ! I know its your period and you'll be happier tomorrow.

BTW - just wanted to know - for my own information - if YOU know - HOW MANY 10 second 600 whp EVO VII's you've seen lately ?
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

I love when people point out the Norris Designs car. Even I could make 700+hp with $100K. And then their engine blew up! Ha!

Don't sweat them, Al. I like ya even if your head does swell in your helmet sometimes...
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
I love when people point out the Norris Designs car. Even I could make 700+hp with $100K. And then their engine blew up! Ha!

Don't sweat them, Al. I like ya even if your head does swell in your helmet sometimes...
No disrespect to Norris at all - he is a expert on EVO's for sure - I Talked to him on the phone a couple of times - he knows what he's talking about. BUT - I got ahold of a recent UK car magazine where they conducted a test of his car and the results were far from amazing. He was in the mid 11's - not that big a deal.

Whats strange about the Norris car is that every article I have read about that car gave a differnet figure for HP - ranging from high 500's to 775 depending on which magazine you are reading

I don't think I'll be challanging Norris for any HP titles - basically - I think I am done with my car where it is - its PLENTY fast enough for me and I really dont want to do anything further to compromise driveability

ALL I really have left to do is be the 1st to run 10's - hopefully ! And also maybe BLOW the ESX WRX OFF the road next sat the 13th !

Quick Reply: 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there