Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 12:06 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why your complaing, I'm excited when the same car I have has ran 11.6 on a stock engine and 10's with full interior... Al is the first person to really mod the usdm evo 8 substantially. Hopefully there will be a dozen more 10 second evo's soon... And I hope they all post the details of their setup on the forum..
Old Sep 5, 2003, 12:12 PM

i respect my fewllow evo owners and im happy for everyone
but Al's acheivements get old, fast. no need to be presumptuos, and cocky. I appologize I got irritated.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by enkei1
i respect my fewllow evo owners and im happy for everyone
but Al's acheivements get old, fast. no need to be presumptuos, and cocky. I appologize I got irritated.
If there are soooooo old, than why are his posts the most read (other than stickies)

When I was runnin my gride on the dyno all the time, I constantly updated my fellow peps on the board. There was no hatin there.

So you are saying that if you were making all these kinds of #s and times, that you wouldnt share. Well that just wouldnt be very cool.

AL, KEEP A POSTIN
Old Sep 5, 2003, 12:44 PM

Why so many Al haters? Because he is making more power than you? Sounds like jealousness! Deal with your own lack of esteem in other ways. Build a car, whatever! As for Al, we have to race dood! I see you posting mid 10 second ET assumptions. I want to see that car against me, better yet, tell Dan to overlay my graph with yours. I want to see a comparison. My car has gone to the track a few times without spray, and I want to see how your car reacts with spray.

In all, Al is doing a great job with his evo viii, but remember pruven has a great team of tuners and experienced engine builders to help him along the way. I can personally say that without Pruven Perf my car would be a low 11 second car. I thank Dan for all his help between race motors to tunning to all kinds of ignition setups and wiring.

Al, how did you get NX to sponsor you?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GaryChios
Why so many Al haters? Because he is making more power than you? Sounds like jealousness! Deal with your own lack of esteem in other ways. Build a car, whatever! As for Al, we have to race dood! I see you posting mid 10 second ET assumptions. I want to see that car against me, better yet, tell Dan to overlay my graph with yours. I want to see a comparison. My car has gone to the track a few times without spray, and I want to see how your car reacts with spray.

In all, Al is doing a great job with his evo viii, but remember pruven has a great team of tuners and experienced engine builders to help him along the way. I can personally say that without Pruven Perf my car would be a low 11 second car. I thank Dan for all his help between race motors to tunning to all kinds of ignition setups and wiring.

Al, how did you get NX to sponsor you?
gary - why not some down to www.beaversprings.com next Sat the 13th??? We have the track for one hour between 4 and 5 - - IF there is anything left of my car then we can race then!!!

I learned basically everything I know about DSM's from Pruven

IF you think my car is fast - wait till next week when the Pruven black evo starts comming together !

As for these haters - who cares ?>??

Its thanks to the attention I get from haters like those guys that I can get sponsors to hook me up with some parts - which is what I need to get into the 9's and go up against those ESX guys on a regular baisis
Old Sep 5, 2003, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by enkei1

i mean hes not humble
I'm about as humble as John Force - - at least I'm fast - whats YOUR excuse?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

121 mph vs 320+ mph ??!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

at least Force keeps it real...
Old Sep 5, 2003, 03:59 PM

Hey al, up to your old games i see again, congrats on the dyno pul but i wouldnt start bragging about being a 10 second EVO just yet. Your old wrx with STI motor swap had much more in it then a 11.82. So dont be so quick to say your a 10 second car, with out the timeslip to prove it you simply arent (hence why i dont say im a 11.7 or 11.6 right now, i dont have the slip but the car has the power).

Oh and dude AL calm down a bit man you havent changed in the past 2 years.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 04:00 PM

What was the UNCORRECTED WHP on that run?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

enkei1, I for one would like to hear about the tuning path you recommend for Evo's.

Please get into as much detail as possible, with explanations as to why you made the choices you did.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HighWayDrifter
Hey al, up to your old games i see again, congrats on the dyno pul but i wouldnt start bragging about being a 10 second EVO just yet. Your old wrx with STI motor swap had much more in it then a 11.82. So dont be so quick to say your a 10 second car, with out the timeslip to prove it you simply arent (hence why i dont say im a 11.7 or 11.6 right now, i dont have the slip but the car has the power).

Oh and dude AL calm down a bit man you havent changed in the past 2 years.
Whats up man! At least I have to nerve to lay it all out on the line in front of everyone like I did last year at the Suby shootout - and like I did again this year at the DSM shootout - - and like I will next week on the 13th - - I'm not afraid to show what I got and lay down a challenge to a real tough compeditor like ESX. IF I fail at least I tried the best I could.
At least I actually get to the track and make attempts.

My car is a 10 sec ev0 and hopefully I can get it down the track and show everyone what a 10 sec evo pass looks like !

My old STI set up was a very poor car for drag racing cause that 6 speed sucked - - also my trip to the shootout was my 1st and only day racing that set up - i have a lot more practice with the evo and it has one less shift to make in the 1/4 mile

I predict just as I have not changed at all in the past two years - I will not change inj the next two years

The only thing that changed is I finally wised up and got OUT of the WRX scene which was a real money pit for sure - on that car you have to change almost the whole car to go fast
Old Sep 5, 2003, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ez76
enkei1, I for one would like to hear about the tuning path you recommend for Evo's.

Please get into as much detail as possible, with explanations as to why you made the choices you did.
Great idea - lets hear what to expert has in mind for the $15,000 600 hp special
Old Sep 5, 2003, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HighWayDrifter
What was the UNCORRECTED WHP on that run?
Uncorrected - - but dont sweat it - the sae number was like only a few hp off b/c of the temp

I had my cam timing retarded 3 degrees to make it idel better and I forgot to turn it back to zero before the dyno - - also - I ran out of time and it was very rich as you can see - and I did not get a chance to play with the timing When I correct those issues; add back in my JUN cams and the new NX nitrous kit in lieu of the zex I am taking out - I should pick up a lot more HP and prob will hit 600 to the wheels - we will see next mon or tues night
Old Sep 5, 2003, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
al congratulations on those numbers also is easy street going to go to that track day on the 13th?
Old Sep 6, 2003, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ModenaTwinTurbo
al congratulations on those numbers also is easy street going to go to that track day on the 13th?
They SAY they ARE going = I doubt they have the nerve to race me!!!!!!!

Either way - I will be breaking the world's record for fastest EVO VIII again

Maybe those SUBY guys will start thinking when they see what my EVO can do!

Quick Reply: 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there