Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

My assault upon the 1/4 mile continues - I am very pleased with my lastest dyno results - but I did run out of time after taking much longer than expected dialing in my new 780 injectors

here is my 557 whp dyno sheet which I am sure is well over 600 crank HP

I felt nerous to hit a 50 shot on top of 1.8 bars of boost - but the engine too it without even a trace of detonation as my A/F was very rich and the timing not very advanced

I could have gotten 20 or 30 more HP with a few more passes of tuning but it was getting late so this was the best run

What amazes me is what is still stock (amazes me after having a STI / WRX which needed everything changed out to get to this level) - I still have the stock ECU, Stock MAF; stock BOV location; stock fuel rail; stock fuel lines; a/c; power steering; etc .

AND - my car is still very very driveable as a daily driver and feels great !

The best thing was when I took it out on the road in a drizzel tonight and was able to put this power down on a wet road

LOVE my EVO !
Attached Thumbnails 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there-557.jpg  
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Foir some laughs - - check out how my dyno sheet compares to a F-40 Ferrari which was on the Pruven dyno a few weeks ago - the F-40 has upgraded turbos ! I think I would eat him up ! This one is SAE corrected to match up the temps
Attached Thumbnails 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there-f40.jpg  
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice! Still on stock internals (other than cams)?
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949
No - my whole motor is built now - but still stock valves and intake manifold
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

but the question is...

will we ever see pics of your car?
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Re: 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
I still have the stock ECU
I thought you had the WORKS reflash...
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949
He's got the Pruven upgraded Rod bolts as well.

Al - with this new thread, now would be a great time to sit down and list out all of the mods that make up that much power for you. So many of these posts are follow up individual questions about each aftermarket piece you are running - you could save some bandwidth by covering it now
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

My mods are listed here - although most of the pics are old - - the current Oct, 2003 Modified magazine has 8 pages of pictures

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/alevo.htm
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there

Originally posted by Daveyd

I thought you had the WORKS reflash...
yes - what I ment was a stock ECU based tuning method - - which would have been impossible to get these power levels with on my WRX. When you stock with the stock ecu you keep a lot of driveability and function that you loose with a stand alone

It just amazes me that I am making this kind of power with a stock MAF meter and ecu !
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
My mods are listed here - although most of the pics are old - - the current Oct, 2003 Modified magazine has 8 pages of pictures

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/alevo.htm
haha, how much hp did you pick up with that Pruven Coolant overflow tank?

I see you are using the e-manage with the WORKS reflash... just curious as to what changes to the timing / fuel management of the reflash. Also, did you have your intake timing advanced 6 deg on that 557hp run?
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by AvatarOfWar

haha, how much hp did you pick up with that Pruven Coolant overflow tank?

I see you are using the e-manage with the WORKS reflash... just curious as to what changes to the timing / fuel management of the reflash. Also, did you have your intake timing advanced 6 deg on that 557hp run?
I have stock ign advance right now - IF I get some dyno time in the future - I can play with the ign timing and the cam gear timing and try and flatten out the trq curve - bring up the spool up and pick up a few more hp

I simply ran out of dyno time today
150 plus runs with this car so far - 15 mins apart - thats a LOT of dyno time!
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

HAHAHA FINALLY !!!!!! The funny part is what you stated, you STILL have a lot of stock parts . I am sure you can get much more out of it! ESX WRX watch out!!! Are you still using the E-Manage? Also what fuel pump are you using? Well am sure you'll end up posting the mods again, since you change them SO much . GREAT job man!! I want the video.....

Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DrEvo
HAHAHA FINALLY !!!!!! The funny part is what you stated, you STILL have a lot of stock parts . I am sure you can get much more out of it! ESX WRX watch out!!! Are you still using the E-Manage? Also what fuel pump are you using? Well am sure you'll end up posting the mods again, since you change them SO much . GREAT job man!! I want the video.....

Yes - the emange is at its limits - but still holding down the fort - - believe it or not - its got a $120 Walboro 225 lph pump !
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Al - I looked at the pics and mod listing in the link you provided and was curious about your exhaust. The mods list includes an RMR turbo-back, but the two exhaust pics certainly don't have RMR's unique exit angle. The pics actually look a little more like the AMS exhaust.

If it IS the RMR exhaust, I'd like to know how you avoided the funky exit angle (i.e. custom welds). If the exhaust ISN'T the RMR unit any longer, then I'm interested in what you are actually running. I'm trying to keep the stock look as much as possible. Thanks

-Josh
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by nynguah
Hey Al - I looked at the pics and mod listing in the link you provided and was curious about your exhaust. The mods list includes an RMR turbo-back, but the two exhaust pics certainly don't have RMR's unique exit angle. The pics actually look a little more like the AMS exhaust.

If it IS the RMR exhaust, I'd like to know how you avoided the funky exit angle (i.e. custom welds). If the exhaust ISN'T the RMR unit any longer, then I'm interested in what you are actually running. I'm trying to keep the stock look as much as possible. Thanks

-Josh
Those pics are old ones - that was the Pruven 2.5" axel back

The RMR has the weird angle - but it sounds very nice - - Dr. Evo has the video - hopefully he can host it up soon !

Quick Reply: 600 HP EVO Viii !!! - getting there