Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lost keys

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lost keys

I just lost all my keys . Does anyone know how to program the keys if you don't have any working ones to start with. Please tell me I'm not going to have to have my car towed to the dealer. I have ecuflash with my immobilizer number stored- don't know if that helps though.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I broke my only key not too long back, you can order a key from mitsu just to get into the car for the tow truck driver(50$ for key) and have your car towed to mitsubishi and have the key coded to the car which costs (80) so might as well just spend the extra 50$ and have 2 keys coded at once.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

if u can get a ride to the dealership they have a set of master keys. you then find out what one opens the door then reorder the keys. or they might be able to look up by VIN....
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

my car only came with one key so i had to bring it to the dealer to program it when i got a second. super gay
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

dont feel too bad I left my battery unplugged for too long one time and the immobilizer forgot my key coed had to get it towed to mitsu for re-program. stupid mistakes oh well you live and you learn
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

dont feel too bad I left my battery unplugged for too long one time and the immobilizer forgot my key coed had to get it towed to mitsu for re-program. stupid mistakes oh well you live and you learn