Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Those Interested in Taking Action Against Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2003, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by StriktlyBidness

Well this is directly related to racing a stock EVO, but under the Magnesun Warranty Act they cannot void your warranty for an aftermarket part unless they can prove it was the direct cause to the problem--the burden of proof is on them, not you.
I'm curious, when they say, "We have to tear it down and find out what caused your problem, and if it was due to racing, we have to charge you for tearing it down and to fix the problem" - is this part of the act also, or is tearing it down at THEIR expense?

I will be picking up my EVO this Saturday, and hopefully I will not have too many problems with this car. But as others have mentioned, I'm more than willing to throw my name and voice out there, I think poeple should stand behind their work, and in this case, Mitsu needs to stand behind their Evolutions.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

I have no major problems YET. But just like others, I am willing to do what can to help. My car is stock. After reading all the problems some are having, I drive my car like a camery instead just to avoid having to deal with things breaking. But I feel that I shouldn't have to do that. It should be built just as they claim. But if I drive like they claim, ie 0-60 in 5.0sec then I believe it will totally break. Maybe I should have bought a damn camery if I had to drive it like a camery for it not to break. And one more thing, I think things breaking isn't that bad, what's bad is Mitsu not providing warranty or we must fight hard to get warranty when things do break. It's totally the service or the lack of, IMO.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mprtklr
strictly, i hope you know what your putting yourself up to. i hope this isnt a ploy to make yourself look important, becuase you are setting yourself up for A LOT of liability. so think before you make these so called "help" claims. director of Cust. Serv. i would like a name to verify your claim of speaking with them. You creating a form letter puts yourself at some extreme liability. If someone uses your "form" letter and files it with a court, you have inadherent responsibility and liability from a counter suit, if you do what you say you do, i think you need to speak to an attorney first. and i dont want to hear" i alreayd have blah, blah blah" i dont want any response based on this, just be aware of the positioon your putting yourself in...

I think I have been pretty clear in the former posts that I am not looking to fight anyone. I only want to see Mits honor their advertising. They lead us to believe, by advertising and marketing, that the EVO was built to race but after we buy the car and are allowed to look at the owner's manual, we find out that we can't. I'm not going to have any liability because I haven't made any promises of getting results. I am just going to do my best to make it happen. If I fail, so what? At least then I can't say that I didn't fight for a conviction that was on my heart.

You can't get sued for sending a letter to customer service about a customer service issue with your car. And I agreed with the gentlemen that I would not give his name out here because he would rather deal with one person rather than getting 100s of phone calls. I had to fight to talk to him--I didn't just "get through."
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

so is the person you spoke to Rich Donnelson, director of customer relations?

6400 KATELLA AVE, CYPRESS, CA 90630
Phone: (714) 372-6000

he took all of 10 minutes to find and get ahold of. i called him just to see how easy it was. so don't play off like you had some special "in" at Mitsubishi.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

oh BTW, anyone can call him now that i have posted the name and number info.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

I would like a copy of this form letter sent to me if possible. I have several issues that i would like to take up with the mitsu dealer
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mprtklr
oh BTW, anyone can call him now that i have posted the name and number info.

Dude what is your problem? Are you like jealous that I am doing this? You are sure acting like it. If you want to take this, by all means PLEASE DO! I am only stepping up to help out because no one else has. So if you want it, stop being a hater and take it. Otherwise, stop trying to make an effort to screw up what we have going--the man said he didn't want to bothered by 50 phone calls a day...so why would we want to do that?

I just can't figure out why you want to work AGAINST fellow evo owners in what we are trying to accomplish. You dont have to help, but just stay out of it.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Those Interested in Taking Action Against Warranty Issues

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
How about this jackass, sell the car and get a life. If your pops has all that money get a NSX, I had one they are great and have no problems. If you want a car that needs more work then a honda then the mitsu is for you. But PLEASE stop cloging the boards with your *****ing. Unreal

Yea let me go spend 80k on a V6. For one, who said I have to spend my dad's money to buy my cars? And for two, when did I say this EVO was my only car?
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:34 PM

I just wanted to say, my clutch went out at 6k maybe due to the fact that I lanched the car 10-15 times but I tried everything I could to get it under warranty, and they wouldn't do it. I spoke to the director of customer service which was a lady and I live in orange county, CA. She wouldn't do anything and was completely rude to me, but I wrote four letters to her boss and the vice president, She is no longer down in charge. But I am in about these stupid warranty issues. Let me know how I can help
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:38 PM

Re: Re: Those Interested in Taking Action Against Warranty Issues

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
How about this jackass, sell the car and get a life. If your pops has all that money get a NSX, I had one they are great and have no problems. If you want a car that needs more work then a honda then the mitsu is for you. But PLEASE stop cloging the boards with your *****ing. Unreal
The man is not *****ing -- so far, he seems to be one of the few (if any) that is actually trying to resolve a problem, maybe even helping out other EVO owners while he's at it. I don't see any logical reason to your negative stance towards the issue...Just like he said, you don't have to help him if you choose not to. Refrain from making useless posts and wasting space.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by EVILEVO13
I just wanted to say, my clutch went out at 6k maybe due to the fact that I lanched the car 10-15 times but I tried everything I could to get it under warranty, and they wouldn't do it. I spoke to the director of customer service which was a lady and I live in orange county, CA. She wouldn't do anything and was completely rude to me, but I wrote four letters to her boss and the vice president, She is no longer down in charge. But I am in about these stupid warranty issues. Let me know how I can help
I think the problem is that you went out on it by yourself--anyone would fail that way. However, I think if we can 75-100 letters to send to them in one package, they would have to wake up and at least acknowledge our complaint. We shall see....thanks for the support.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

I love how someone finally takes some initiative to get Mitsu to own up to problems and fix them and people attack him.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Dude Im in !!! ****ty paint (have you guys checkd the different places around your car with no paint...?? look in the fenders and the gas filler door) and no response from any one at mitsu about why we are having issues with the tranny.... Hell I ve even got a sample of what my tranny fluid looked like after 2500 miles...

black as sin looked burnt to hell...
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

When you buy a performance-oriented car such as Corvette, Viper, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and such, manufacturers seem to ENCOURAGE owners to excercise their vehicles by sponsoring track events, clubs, etc. I have never heard of a company not honouring warranty when the car is being used for its INTENTED purpose - until that is. Its like GM denying warranty on a Hummer if someone takes it off-road (yes, some people actually do )

When I was sold the car - the dealer made sure to make me aware that this WAS NOT a regular ride! That this was a high performance automobile.

IMHO, US has no clue what they have - how to sell EVO, service it, market it, etc. They need an education, and providing them with appropriate fodder as Kevin suggests is very appropriate. To that end, it would be great to point out to how other manufacturers treat their high performance car customers. Also, it would be interesting to find out how treats warranty issues around the globe - I have a funny feeling this is all doing, not Corp.

Kevin, all the power to you and you can count me in.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by vr430
When you buy a performance-oriented car such as Corvette, Viper, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and such, manufacturers seem to ENCOURAGE owners to excercise their vehicles by sponsoring track events, clubs, etc. I have never heard of a company not honouring warranty when the car is being used for its INTENTED purpose - until that is. Its like GM denying warranty on a Hummer if someone takes it off-road (yes, some people actually do )

When I was sold the car - the dealer made sure to make me aware that this WAS NOT a regular ride! That this was a high performance automobile.

IMHO, US has no clue what they have - how to sell EVO, service it, market it, etc. They need an education, and providing them with appropriate fodder as Kevin suggests is very appropriate. To that end, it would be great to point out to how other manufacturers treat their high performance car customers. Also, it would be interesting to find out how treats warranty issues around the globe - I have a funny feeling this is all doing, not Corp.

Kevin, all the power to you and you can count me in.

Very, very, very, good points. I mean why the hell did we buy an EVO instead of a OZ if we dont wanna race our cars? (no offense OZ guys )