Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Those Interested in Taking Action Against Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you go to the Subie boards, Subaru did the same thing to WRX owners...
My point: is NOT, never was and never will be the only manufacturer that: sucks at this, makes crap that, screws up everything...
Again, I plead, stay constructive and quit the infantile bashing.
Thank you.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

For all those that are not interested in this, just don't join it. No need to say anything else. He is only trying to help and it is true that no one has stepped up to the plate. Finally someone is willing to lead so either join or not. Stop all the other negative crap.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

NO problems here yet... But being a fellow evo owner i feel this needs to be adreessed.. Anything you need let me know kevin....

Well just to let all of you MITSU OWNERS THAT HAVE REPLIED TO THIS POST i have met kevin personally.. and he is a upstanding and cool guy he will do his very best to help all or the evo owners out there. dont let the past feelings of someone influence this post and petiton to mitsu.. anyone to take up this task is set to fail before they begin(kevin that is not a slam against you) it is very hard to take on corporate america...

Just my .02 take them as you wish

Last edited by RaleighEVOVIII; Sep 5, 2003 at 05:22 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Lets grow up a little and keep this thread on topic please.

SC~
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:12 AM

Count me in.
I think it’s great that someone has taken the initiative to bring together the concerns of most EVO owners and compile it to present to Mitsubishi.
I did have a trans problem 48 hours after purchase, but had no problems getting it resolved with the dealer.
Since then, I’ve had no major issues with the car.
I would just like to see all dealers meet the requirements of Mitsu in regards to warranty repairs.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

I'm with you

I've heard that mitsu trys their best to get outta their warentee and if i ever have any issues (knock on wood) I'll want them to honor it!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Ok here is a list of all the guys that have signed on to help so far. If you are not on the list and want to be, or if I have put you on the list and you wish not to be, please let me know.

heshamnaim
evo32
joeycoates
wizardofoz
Beenwaitin4EVO
Alias
EvoVIIIGuy
EVILEVO13
ericomundo
JRock
liquid7879
vr430
RaleighEVOVIII
degrootdd
zTargetT
apursell
evoguy

(17 people)

We need MORE if we want to have any kind of voice. I think if we could get 50, that would be enough to get recognized but 100 would be even better. We will give it a few days, or even weeks if we have to in order to get the number we need.

To update you guys on what is going on, I am going to begin working on the letter this weekend in my spare time. I thought the best thing to do would be for each of you to actually send your letter to me, and I will send them all in one large packet to the Customer Service director. If anyone objects, please let me know, and why. I dont want anyone at anytime to feel like I am "running the show." We are doing this as a team and I am merely facilitating.

Last edited by StriktlyBidness; Sep 5, 2003 at 09:11 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

add me
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by apursell
add me
Done.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:23 AM

count me in!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Kevin I'd like to help too. I am very familiar with the Magnuson-Moss Act and its provisions as well as other car manufacturers' stances on warranty work post-racing (BMW, Porsche, Audi specifically). Whatever I can do, just shoot me an email (webguy330i@330i.net) and put me on the list.

We may be able to get the help and assistance of sema.org (via their SAN - SEMA Action Network) and/or certain legislators if necessary. Check out http://www.sema.org for info, maybe they even have some tools you could utilize to facilitate getting this process underway.

The Magnuson-Moss Act pertains to aftermarket parts, but there are other laws which are targetted towards standard warranty coverage. I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I've done some research in the past.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Add Me!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 12:29 PM

Would it help if I get my friends that were GOING TO, buy Evos that aren't anymore due to sucky service.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 01:50 PM

Kevin what ever you need, Im in 110% just email me or whatever! I didn't spend 30k on a car to just have problems and then have no love from Mitsu. I could have bought a 3 series BMW with awesome service!!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks again guys for all the support.

Evo32--sure...I will even make a separate letter for non evo owners stating that they were going to buy an EVO until they saw this and are now changing their mind to a different car.

Webguy...we would love to utilize you here with your knowledge in that area. I may even want to get on the phone with you sometime early next week so we can go over some stuff together and find out what all you can do from your end.

Thanks again guys!