Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Comparisons?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Comparisons?

I'm currently in the market for a newer car and I'm currently considering an s2k or an evo. There's too much compromise invovled with the s2k, regardless of how much of a car it is out of the box, but when researching s2k's a bit I found a forum that showed comparisons between ap1 and ap2s. I was wondering if there's a thread on here with comparisons of USDM evo 7-10 and the models, rs, mr, gsr? I'm currently at work and cant really do massive research right now, but if you can point me in the right direction, it'll be greatly appreciated, thanks!

P.S You guys think its possible to find a mint stock evo 8 for 18-20k AFTER taxes? (i live in gay socal)
Old Nov 3, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sil80sx
I'm currently in the market for a newer car and I'm currently considering an s2k or an evo. There's too much compromise invovled with the s2k, regardless of how much of a car it is out of the box, but when researching s2k's a bit I found a forum that showed comparisons between ap1 and ap2s. I was wondering if there's a thread on here with comparisons of USDM evo 7-10 and the models, rs, mr, gsr? I'm currently at work and cant really do massive research right now, but if you can point me in the right direction, it'll be greatly appreciated, thanks!

P.S You guys think its possible to find a mint stock evo 8 for 18-20k AFTER taxes? (i live in gay socal)
Like you stated above the S2k is a great car but you will hit a plateau as far as making more power unless you go forced induction which will cost a lot of money. As far as the EVO goes between the USDM 8-10 it depends on what you want. Most will tell you that the EVO IX is better than the 8 due to the MIVEC. If you plan on just doing basic bolt on's than I would suggest getting a IX because it does respond a bit better to mods than the 8 would due to the IX having the MIVEC. I don't know if you can find a 8 in good condition for $18-$20K with all the fees included. The X is a great car from what I have seen but I have never driven a X so I can't compare it to a 8 or 9. I would say just to save up and buy a IX.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm i was in the same situation but i cant do two seater as a daily driver
Old Nov 3, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
This:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/search.php

This:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/

This:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=317064

This:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Evolution
Old Nov 3, 2008, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
s2k= 2 seated, naturally aspirated, rear wheel drive, 250hp sports car. good for daily drives (if you're single and travel light), looks cool, and chicks love hondas.
evo= 4 door, awd, turbo, sport sedan, which can haul friends, family, and ***. two completely different cars with positive and negative aspects to both according to taste and what you need out of a vehicle. i have owned both 2 seater sport cars (300zx TT) and this one. for me, the evo is the all rounder. plus, i have driven the s2k and, to me, they are overrated in terms of quality and speed. go with what you like, but don't compare apples to oranges. a better comparo is s2k vs. rx8. if you can, drive em all. evo is a different beast.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
evo vs s2k has been discussed before and smikeevo provided you with plenty of links

closed...