Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sponsor :S

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cangriracing
yes i suspected that when they told me about paying the 99 dollars and wrote this thread to confirm it asap.
Well if any vendor is reading this an whats to have some representation in the wnc area and upstate sc area. Let me know if we can work something out
So the question would be, what have you accomplished with ur car or in ur community that makes u stick out from the rest? I think that is what there looking for. But hey, that's just my opinion, I love America
Old Nov 7, 2008, 01:49 PM

Just remember this...When it comes to sponsorship you shouldn't have to shell out money to get money. You think NASCAR pays Sprint to out their name on everything? Nope...
Old Nov 7, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
So the question would be, what have you accomplished with ur car or in ur community that makes u stick out from the rest? I think that is what there looking for. But hey, that's just my opinion, I love America
Well im not one of the fastest in here but my car is pretty quick. Its also one of the few red mrs that are in the states. Im also making 418whp and 419tq on the stock turbo and have a clean car with some exterior mods.
I would assume sponsors want a car like this since it can be manipulated for their target. As someone said on another post i would have to go to events and to the track, i dont think i would mind thats what these cars are for to have fun driving and being involved in car enthusiast world

Last edited by cangriracing; Nov 7, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:38 PM
Account Disabled

^^lol

Companies dont just want people that put there stickers on the car and go to a few car shows...they want actual ppl that run there products that can give them feedback on a particular product...

You should focus on accomlishing some things first and standing out from the rest and the sponsorships well come to you..
Old Nov 7, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Just go race everybody and beat them, then you'll get sponsored. Just like in Need for Speed
Old Nov 8, 2008, 02:13 AM

my friend did that and told me to do it, i cant believe i did. basically you pay your money and they say in and you can buy parts for a "cheaper price" like 10-90% off but mostly 10%, they also say you have to go to car shows but they never told me or my friend to go anywhere after we paid. it was only like 50 dollars at the time, but RIP OFF...im a fool...
Old Nov 8, 2008, 02:27 AM
Account Disabled

Sorry OP but you just sound like a guy trying to get free parts for your car. You haven't done anything to prove yourself to anyone. You don't even track or show your car at all from the sounds of your posts. My friend you better get in that driver's seat and stay there for a couple of season on the track and then you might be able to ask for some free $hit but then you'll have to keep racing, you can't just go to one or two and then say F-it I got my parts....I'm done.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cangriracing
Well im not one of the fastest in here but my car is pretty quick. Its also one of the few red mrs that are in the states. Im also making 418whp and 419tq on the stock turbo and have a clean car with some exterior mods.
I would assume sponsors want a car like this since it can be manipulated for their target. As someone said on another post i would have to go to events and to the track, i dont think i would mind thats what these cars are for to have fun driving and being involved in car enthusiast world
Well all the luck to you anyways my fellow Evo Enthusiast
Old Nov 8, 2008, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RunRunRun
Just go race everybody and beat them, then you'll get sponsored. Just like in Need for Speed
The Man Said, "Just Like Need For Speed!"
Old Nov 8, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
A sponsorship means they give you money/parts, not vice-verse.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks to me they were looking for a sponsor, and you were about to be 1 for $99 ,.,, lo9l
Old Nov 8, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

I would've spent the money on a spelling and grammar tutor.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
Sorry OP but you just sound like a guy trying to get free parts for your car. You haven't done anything to prove yourself to anyone. You don't even track or show your car at all from the sounds of your posts. My friend you better get in that driver's seat and stay there for a couple of season on the track and then you might be able to ask for some free $hit but then you'll have to keep racing, you can't just go to one or two and then say F-it I got my parts....I'm done.
i do track my car once in a while and have placed my car on a show and I am planning to do it more than before. I dont post much about it but that is no reason to conclude that if get some sponsor i would do the same. Maybe you are right i have to get known more before i get anything, but for me to get what i want i need some $ to get something like an (hta35r) a shep tranny and a built 2.0. Who knows maybe in the future there will be a 9 sec 6speed evo
Old Nov 9, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Craig King
I would've spent the money on a spelling and grammar tutor.
Sorry if my english doesnt satisfy your taste, english is my second language and my deficient ability in it has not hindered me from being in college getting a degree in biology and a minor in chemistry
Old Nov 11, 2008, 01:37 PM

Didn't think you had to pay for a sponser, thought they helped you out