Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mits is WATCHING US at the track!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are they going to warranty the 5th gear problem? If they are going to do what you told me last night, then you really can't complain about that. Order the twin disc clutch and you won't have anymore clutch worries and if they fix the 5th gear problem then you should be good to go.

Brian
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TURBODAWG
Are they going to warranty the 5th gear problem? If they are going to do what you told me last night, then you really can't complain about that. Order the twin disc clutch and you won't have anymore clutch worries and if they fix the 5th gear problem then you should be good to go.

Brian
I totally agree. The dealer (Leith Mits on Capital) is being wonderful! They are helping me in any way, shape, and form that they can. It is the district rep that I am having to fight with.

I still dont have a final word on them warrantying the 5th gear problem but it looks like they will. I have a feeling they will say something like, "We'll fix it this time, but after this, that's it." After all, how can they say my 5th gear problem is a result of racing when I dont shift into 5th on a drag strip?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Matt55,

I saw you at Fayetteville last Friday night. I got pictures too. I will take them to your local dealer, unless you pay up, Pal !!!! $500 should do. Then I can buy a new exhaust with my BlackMail money. Hee Hee Hee!!!

Brian
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

well my friends they montior this too, when i was at the dealer ship they pass through there emails posts that go on this site, its nothing new, they've been doing it.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

All you have to do is deny everything and state that it wasn't you. Until you actually say you really did, they have no proof, even if someone was "supposedly" watching you. DENY DENY DENY everything.

I really think all you guys have a strong class action suite. Contact a lawyer see what happens.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Oh man this thread makes me sick, to think Mitsu is this childish. I guess its not just Mitsu though. In a related matter, theres a Ford dealer in Indiana very close to Purdue that is authorized to sell SVT, Saleen, and Roush cars. That dealer is totally opposite. They set up track days, help you put mods on your car, and clearly state what will and wont void your warrenty. They have a Ford Lighting that I believe is currently running 11's, forgive me if Im off on that number.

The reason I bring this up is that if a dealership sells cars that are of the high performance caliber, they should realize people will drive them like they are meant to be driven. The Ford dealer I talked about gets it. Hell, they even sell aftermarket parts through the dealer, install them, and wont say two words to you when you take it in for service. That fact alone made up my mind that if I need a new car and still dont have a ton of money, Ill be buying an SVT Focus from them. It just sucks that Mitsu is giving us the EVO and then slapping people on the wrist for driving it like its a high performance vehicle.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

oh and how do you think that they knew their website with the evo manual was compromised? i posted it how everyone could download every service manual, 5 hours later, the thread was deleted, reason...Copyright complains from "certain individuals"

and mitsu's tech site was taken offline for a few days...they've been montoring these forums, they're not dump..

And spite them, i'm handing out evo service manuals to Everyone i see with an evo for free because of their immature actions...
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by YellwTyper
I really think all you guys have a strong class action suite. Contact a lawyer see what happens.

Well we are going to try getting results by using more civilized menas to begin with...see thread below

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=37895

If this does not work, then we may in fact have to take it a step further.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

This is just sad.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DRC Imports
This is just sad.

This brings up another point. If I were the vendors I would be IRRATE! Mits is basically going to put you guys out of business because they are scareing off all the potential aftermarket buyers from adding to their car. Bad for the economy too...
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the most pathetic **** I have heard in a looong time. They are so lonely the they would send someone to a track to bust people? Get a ****ing life . I have not raced my car so I am not too worried about it, but that is just sad. Now I see why people buy domestic, the big three will back you up while you have your fun.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

I love how hard Mitsu is working to ruin their customer relations and lose repeat and referral business. Truly a class act and a business model that will lead to great revenue and prosperity!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:35 AM

Re: Mits is WATCHING US at the track!

Originally posted by StriktlyBidness

If you are going to go racing, remove your tags when doing so so they can't bring it back on you. I ordered new tags personally so they wont have that set on file.
Changing your tags won't help any at this point, I'm sure they have the VIN number already.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Mits is WATCHING US at the track!

Originally posted by mitsubishi332

Changing your tags won't help any at this point, I'm sure they have the VIN number already.

Yea ... good point. It might help those who haven't been busted yet though. I wanted to order personal tags anyway so I am going to go ahead and do it..but you are right...probably wouldn't help me at this point.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:37 AM

I'm glad I waited to buy an EVO, forget it now. can kiss my

I hear an AWD G35 is due out this December.

Quick Reply: Mits is WATCHING US at the track!