Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone claim "Lancer" instead of "Lancer Evo" on insurance?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried to play dumb with my insurance company. When I called them I gave them my VIN no. and told that I had a Mitsubishi "Lancer". They didn't ask any questions. When I got my card in the mail, it said 03 Mitsu Lancer Evo. Bastards!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by DRC Imports
If you did this (accepted the insurance as a regular Lancer) don't mention it here. This is just dumb. It is proof that you know that your insurance company believes you have a differtent car and by posting it here sayong "they think it's a OZ Rally" you are now admitting to fraud. If I were those who posted such words, I would do some editing.
I think I gave them a bunch of chances to correct themselves. I have proof in writing that I made an effort to correct them, so if anything, I'm the one ahead, not them.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled

THIS IS NOT fraud, you know why???

1 My mother is an insurance agent, guess who insured my car?

2. SHE sent a copy of the VIN and the WINDOW STICKER that CLEARLY STATES Lancer Evolution

3. They sent me a OZ Rally cuz that was the only modle they had on their system, their fault.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

These cases are different from what I was talking about. In these cases you tried so it's not like you just said "it's a 03 Lancer" or lied about the value to get it covered as a Lancer to save on insurance. I think it is not fraud unless it can be proven that you mislead them. I am simply speaking to those who would post saying " I gave them them th VIN and told them it was a regulaer Lancer and I only pay $xxxx a year. Without posting that they couldn't say "You knew the coverage was wrong !!" Chances are they would never see the post but I just wanted to warn people because these is a chance insurance companies browse these forums too to see how the car is being used by the majority to adjust their rates according to the genaral use of the vehicle. That's all !
Old Sep 6, 2003, 10:30 AM

Hey ....... ummmm...... speaking of the tickets..... i already have 4, two of them are for speeding. I'm under my dad's unsurance too, i'm 19. What's that rule that if u get cought for speeding twice in 18 months then..... What's the punishment for that? That 2nd speeding i got about 2 weeks ago, and my court's in a month. What do u think my chances are of not getting my license suspended. Then later on, how badly is it gonna affect my insurance??

I think i'm f**ked....
Old Sep 6, 2003, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by olegpro01
Hey ....... ummmm...... speaking of the tickets..... i already have 4, two of them are for speeding. I'm under my dad's unsurance too, i'm 19. What's that rule that if u get cought for speeding twice in 18 months then..... What's the punishment for that? That 2nd speeding i got about 2 weeks ago, and my court's in a month. What do u think my chances are of not getting my license suspended. Then later on, how badly is it gonna affect my insurance??

I think i'm f**ked....
Got that right.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by olegpro01

I think i'm f**ked....
I think you should fight it in court, even if you were definatley speeding. I was ticketed for speeding and I got a professional ticket-fighting company called "Points" to fight the ticket in court for me. Sure enough, I won and the ticket was dropped
Old Sep 7, 2003, 09:12 AM

awddrifter, thanks for advise man.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Down here in San Antonio...on your 3rd strike, your license is suspended for a year or 2.....depending on the severity of your speeding.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

i wouldn't risk it, claiming your evo as a lancer. you never know what's gonna happen. and it might involve some kind of fraud. i don't know but i'm pretty sure the insurance company based on your VIN.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 02:31 PM

I called State Farm a week ago and asked for rates for the EVO 8, they didn't have the EVO listed in their system. :sly:
Old Sep 7, 2003, 03:43 PM

I gave my insurance co the VIN number and told them its the new lancer evolution, AWD, turbo etc, but when i got my tittle it just says 03 MITS 4DSD, and my insurance card said its a lancer es.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 04:06 PM

I've been driving for 13 years. Never had an accident claim. Speeding tix are minimal. I'm currently in the process of selling my old car, a '99 Civic Si, and have both cars insured with Allstate. My premium for the Si is $489 for every six months and my Evo is $529 every six months.

My agent said that if I sell my Si, my premium for the Evo will increase to $1,089 every six months because they will consider it my daily driver. Uhhh, hello?! Do they really think I'm even driving the dog (Si)?

This sucks azz, but what can you do. I plan on shopping new insurance companies, but don't expect much on a lower premium.

Any suggestions?
Old Sep 7, 2003, 06:01 PM

How old are you and are you married?
Old Sep 7, 2003, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

THEY GO BY VIN AND PRICE OF CAR! END OF STORY!!!

Quick Reply: anyone claim "Lancer" instead of "Lancer Evo" on insurance?