Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bad day

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad day

my brother got in accident and I think his car is totaled. He is fine and the accident wasn't his fault. My question is for you EVO owners, What happen when you wreck a modified car. Can you just go and take all the aftermarkets part of the cars? do you have to return the stock parts? do you have to reinstall the stock parts? Also, should he hire a lawyer to get money for pain and suffering. this sucks

thank you

Last edited by juanmedina; Nov 9, 2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry about our brother, I'm glad he is ok. Does your brother have the GAP insurance on it? If he does then I would take off all of the aftermarket parts on it. If he doesen't ...then I don't know, they might end up billing you for the rest of the cost after insurance have paid their part. But then again, I am not sure how your brother's loan looks like so I can't be sure. About the pain and suffering, definitely try and get the money you deserve.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

That suck.. Im glad your brother is OK...
About the parts: I had full coverage, and totaled my GTI.. My insurance comapany let me replace all aftermarket parts with stock GTI parts (wheels, cd player, intake, seats..etc)
Old Nov 9, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He should hire an attorney if and only if he's injured. If you can reproduce the receipt for the part in question that was damaged caused by the wreck, then I think they will or at least Farmers did for my brother. OEM parts usually costs more but that's a moot point if the part was aftermarket.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

When I was rear ended in my first Mirage, it was totaled. I removed all the aftermarket parts and replaced them with OEM parts. The OEM parts I couldn't install without certain tools on hand, I just put in the car. Such as exhaust. I pulled the aftermarket exhaust off, but just put the stock exhaust in the trunk in peices. As long as the OEM parts were there, they were included in the apprasial (sp?)
Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
When I was rear ended in my first Mirage, it was totaled. I removed all the aftermarket parts and replaced them with OEM parts. The OEM parts I couldn't install without certain tools on hand, I just put in the car. Such as exhaust. I pulled the aftermarket exhaust off, but just put the stock exhaust in the trunk in peices. As long as the OEM parts were there, they were included in the apprasial (sp?)
cool man thanks .

the car was paid off