Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Seats and Airbags / Sensors For an VIII/IX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats and Airbags / Sensors For an VIII/IX

Are there any airbag seat sensors or airbags in the seats of an VIII or a IX? I tried searching but could not find anything definitive. I'd like to replace the seats and would like to know what kind of challenges I'll face.
Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

theres no air bags in the seats but there could be sensors. but im not 100 percent sure. i believe i heard if you disconnect the seat belt ring the air bags dont deploy but again im not 100%sure.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

There are no airbags or sensors in the seats themselves.

If you change the seat, there is wiring to detect if you have your seat belt plugged in, but if you disconnect the plug, the car thinks that your seat belt is always plugged in.

The details are: when the seat belt isn't plugged in, it closes a circuit, plugging in the seat belt opens the circuit. So unplugging that plug just makes the circuit open all of the time.

I just removed that wiring when I put in my racing shells, so I never get the seat belt alert.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WheelGap
There are no airbags or sensors in the seats themselves.

If you change the seat, there is wiring to detect if you have your seat belt plugged in, but if you disconnect the plug, the car thinks that your seat belt is always plugged in.

The details are: when the seat belt isn't plugged in, it closes a circuit, plugging in the seat belt opens the circuit. So unplugging that plug just makes the circuit open all of the time.

I just removed that wiring when I put in my racing shells, so I never get the seat belt alert.
there ya have it well explained.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did the Airbag work if ur seatbelt is not plugged in ???