Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 7 crash video

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2002, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what most of you people haven't realised is that the car is a driving school car (probably race driving). Not even the slightest grasp of the French language on this forum, ts ts ts...
Anyway, that probably means that there were two different people driving, i.e. a pupil when the crash happened. It does look like a mechanical failure to some extend, but the approach to the corner doesn't look the same style as the driving in the first bit...
Old May 5, 2002, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hoooooooo Michael....yoouuu sooooo smmat, I wanna be just like you

Good call though....
Old May 5, 2002, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

well that's unfortunate

That is so unfortunate the Evo couldn't follow the porche on that particular turn!

The drifting is nice and all but those porche cars hug those turns so lightly~~~
Old May 5, 2002, 11:03 PM

Drifting an AWD car has an advantage over RWD drifting; you don't have to rely on countersteer so much since you have the front wheels pulling you out of the turn. When you watch how he straightens the car out past the corner, he does it really smoothly without any jerking; perfect countersteer and throttle input...that takes a long time to learn when drifting on RWD with each scenario involved in a corner. If its electronics or pure skill I don't know. Hes probably a better driver then most of us though.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Claudius
Can someone tell me how to play this damn video? I downloaded the latest Win Media player, got divx3 and 4 sent to me but cant get it to work! I'm so frustrated right now! Let me ban MichaelK to get rid of some of it
That is strange .wmv is a Windows Media Player file! I would uninstall the player and re-install it. Are you getting any error messages? Also, if you are missing any codex's, Media player should inform you as much. You could try opening the file with RealOne(Realplayer), and see if that works.

Mordeth
Old May 6, 2002, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

**** Microsoft and its illegal monopole
Yea i dont like microsoft eithier
Old May 6, 2002, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Claudius
It says error code 0x80040265
I clicked on Web help, and it said no help available for that error code
It also said that the reason may be a missing codex or sthg.
**** Microsoft and its illegal monopole
Strange.

Go here http://download.com.com/3000-2194-10...html?part=divx and get version 5.01 of DIVX. Make sure you install it .

Also make sure you have at least DirectX 7 installed(preferably 8.1).

Mordeth
Old May 6, 2002, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

Drift

Those drifts were done very well. The last corner he went in to close and with to much speed. Otherwise it looked like great fun, thats gonna be me in a few years, minus the crash
Old May 6, 2002, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Hey French is an official language for some of us here you know? We're just slow to respond!

Hmm... do RS's have ABS? Looks like maybe they locked them up as there was smoke from the car approaching the apex. Perhaps they collected a cone but it's somewhat hard to see from that video.

That is so sad though.
Old May 6, 2002, 03:39 AM

First of all, I too have to complement the guy on his drivning skills. that was a very sad sight however, seeing such a great car be put to an early death. but it was a great video untill he crashed .(im an optimist )
anyway, was he running with the porche's? I only saw what looked like an elise head to head with him.
Old May 6, 2002, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

I read in another forum that the girl at the end was indeed the one that crashed the car. She is actually the doughter of the crazy driver who was drifting before....
Bloody women hey!!
Old May 6, 2002, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Michaelk
I think what most of you people haven't realised is that the car is a driving school car (probably race driving). Not even the slightest grasp of the French language on this forum, ts ts ts...
Anyway, that probably means that there were two different people driving, i.e. a pupil when the crash happened. It does look like a mechanical failure to some extend, but the approach to the corner doesn't look the same style as the driving in the first bit...
LoL Thats what it says on that close up the hood at the end of the clip folks. Althought the driver was doing allright he was pushing his drifts a bit too hard from what I could tell which is why they show his first mistake with that close up of the front right tire. It seems like he didn't learn from that which is why he ended up off track. Although to the flipping the car I'd have to say it might be the top-heaviness of the car as well as the design of the track's bank.
Old May 6, 2002, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

OH MY GOD!!! We was taking those turns like a pro,..... only problem with racing, one little mistake ruins all the hard work..... Is the guy ok? I know there is a roll cage, but that was a really brutal crash. Hopefully I hope he gets better and learns to drive a little better, maybe see him on WRC sometime