Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 7 crash video

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2002, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by okitenik
I read in another forum that the girl at the end was indeed the one that crashed the car. She is actually the doughter of the crazy driver who was drifting before....
Bloody women hey!!
That explains it all
Old May 6, 2002, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

its all the women, how do they even get their licenses?
Old May 6, 2002, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Women in VA(majority of especially soccer moms) have SUVs so that when they crash they don't hurt themselves. Usually the 5 foot and unders which I worry about because they drive these Yukons and Navigators, but you can barely see their heads over the steering wheels they can't park the damn things and they need a ladder to get into the vehicle.

Last edited by 2wdSQL; May 6, 2002 at 09:12 PM.
Old May 6, 2002, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by loneeemeeeee
Thats why women(majority of including soccer moms) get SUVs so that when they crash they don't hurt themselves just everyone else.
lmfao!!!! hahah that video makes me ill guys i swear if i ever saw that in real life id **** myself ask the droiver if he she is ok if so slap him/her get on my knees cry till my eyes fell out of my head and wished it could have been me crashing that car (would have agt least had some enjoyment before i hit a wall)
Old May 6, 2002, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Alright, lay of the girlies guys. Back on topic.

Finally saw this movie and I'll admit the driver was pretty flawless until that one fatal turn. It's the price you pay for the rush. Unforunate but it happens.
Old May 6, 2002, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I stand corrected mechanical failure with a male driver.

Last edited by 2wdSQL; May 6, 2002 at 09:12 PM.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:43 PM

Talking

Hi,
I can't read the video too but if it's the one which circulated some weeks ago in France, the driver is a teacher of Abbeville driving school.
They mounted light truck tires on the Evo 7 to get easy drifts ... but the pressure increased so much that the front left one bursted out ... then watch the video....
Old May 6, 2002, 01:55 PM
GDB
Evolving Member

Originally posted by thievo6
Hi,
I can't read the video too but if it's the one which circulated some weeks ago in France, the driver is a teacher of Abbeville driving school.
They mounted light truck tires on the Evo 7 to get easy drifts ... but the pressure increased so much that the front left one bursted out ... then watch the video....
FINALLY... an explanation that makes more sense than all the women-bashing theories

I still think woman drivers are GENERALLY quite bad, but to blame the crash based on gender is a bit harsh.

BTW somebody asks if RS has ABS: AFAIK stock RS does NOT have ABS, but you can order one with it from the factory. Anyway the ABS theory seems moot now: burst front left = the tire smoke.
Old May 6, 2002, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by thievo6
Hi,
I swear I mentioned something about the FRONT LEFT TIRE failing..right here in this thread. Makes sense about the light truck tires as well. I don't believe the woman driving story either. Do you see how rumors get started?

okitenik: "I read in another forum that the girl at the end was indeed the one that crashed the car....."

First someone just read it somewhere else in another forum. Probably was something to the effect of: "Hey did you see that woman walking near the car, I bet she was the one driving!!!"

DaTenshi: "its all the women, how do they even get their licenses?"

Then it gets expanded upon.

loneeemeeeee: "Thats why women(majority of including soccer moms) get SUVs so that when they crash they don't hurt themselves just everyone else."

Then it goes severly off topic for no reason whatsover.

loneeemeeeee: "Well P it was a girl that crashed the car afterall."

Then it becomes a statement of fact! Hahahahaha. I love it.

Mordeth

Last edited by Mordeth; May 6, 2002 at 06:01 PM.
Old May 6, 2002, 06:07 PM

And the girl you've seen at the end was ... only the passenger.
Old May 6, 2002, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

I have a reason for being sexually biased against women drivers I live in VA and here they are all TERRIBLE drivers(YES EVEN THE SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS!!!). Albeit that woman bashing is not the answer. There are incredible women drivers in all forms of racing. All drivers have the potential to be equally as bad. I would say that most men tend to be terrible drivers when it comes to vehicular restraint and reckless driving tendencies. Also if it were to be a woman that had crashed the car at least in her defence she was learning to become a better driver. I'm sure many of us in this forum couldn't have done any better in that situation, and for those of you who've never drifted or taken twisties or AUTO X'd at speeds near 70MPH(on certain occations) let me tell you its EXTREMELY EASY TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR CAR if you push the vehicle harder than its prepared to handle, if my capture card were working I would show you what I'm talking about although I assume most of you have seen. All I'll say is I would rather see someone crash on a track than crash like that in traffic.
Old May 6, 2002, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

sorry, japanese women drivers, oh my god!!! Dangerous and completely incompetent. BUT there are quite a few good racedriverettes, go figure. Also, asian women, some dangerous **** going down around Southall, Harrow, etc....
Old May 12, 2002, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

Did anyone happen to save the video after downloading it? It seems to be missing from the site.
Old May 12, 2002, 04:00 AM

Um.......the vid's down. Does anyone with it willing to post it again?? BTW, did anyone try to d/l the vids in the Multimedia Section....thy're down too.
Old May 12, 2002, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm try this, not sure how long it will last... (it's my account)

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/d9a02...F4y38AqT2QFsYt