Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 7 crash video

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2002, 02:35 PM
Lee
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 7 crash video

Got this off another forum...

Evo 7 crash video

http://membres.lycos.fr/verticals/re.../lancer100.wmv

Enjoy people...
Old May 5, 2002, 02:41 PM

Damn, that was some good driving up until that last turn,

Thanks for the vid man...
Old May 5, 2002, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Holy ****!!! I really hate seeing stuff like that!

Maybe the guy had a tad too much confidence ...and thats when stuff like that hits you! Nice 4 wheel drfts though...
Old May 5, 2002, 03:12 PM
Lee
Evolving Member

I think it was a woman driver can you guess tell that too?
Old May 5, 2002, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

I think the chick you saw at the end was the GF/wife of the bloke they took away in the ambulance! Women could never drift like that

Sorry laides
Old May 5, 2002, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

THE HORROR..... but he drove pretty well. But thank god for rollcages
Old May 5, 2002, 03:44 PM

Women can drift; I know some really good ones. In Japan, there are female drifter teams like Vivien who can hang just as well as the guys. As for the guy...heh. Maybe if his entrance speed wasn't as fast...and if only his front tires could grip a bit better he wouldn't be as sad as he is now.
Old May 5, 2002, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

What a waste of an evo, they shouldve given it to me
Old May 5, 2002, 06:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Talk about a bad day at the track.
Old May 5, 2002, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Hasn't the guy learned anything, the fool was driving like a 15 year old who just got a copy of GT3. He came in too sharp and too fast. Read the GT3 instruction manual atleast, you gotta enter corners wide! if you wanna do em fast, enter them wide, with the proper entrance speed so you won't lose grip. Plus it being AWD, I think he/she had too much confidence.
Its so sad, here I am praying for an Evo and another one goes down the drain, I dunno if his insurance will cover it
I'd like to wring the neck of whoever was driving that car.
Old May 5, 2002, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Infinity
Hasn't the guy learned anything, the fool was driving like a 15 year old who just got a copy of GT3. He came in too sharp and too fast. Read the GT3 instruction manual atleast, you gotta enter corners wide! if you wanna do em fast, enter them wide, with the proper entrance speed so you won't lose grip. Plus it being AWD, I think he/she had too much confidence.
Its so sad, here I am praying for an Evo and another one goes down the drain, I dunno if his insurance will cover it
I'd like to wring the neck of whoever was driving that car.
Actually, he was driving quite well. He passed many quality cars, and was drifting almost flawlessly.

It looked to me like his left wheel locked up, in which case the cause might have been a mechanical failure. Otherwise, I do agree that the last turn was a tad sharp and fast. But hey, when you live on the edge, you accept that this is always possible.

Also, good drivers have confidence in their abilities. Not OVER confidence(arrogance), but simply confidence in both their abilities and the car itself. Ever watch Makinen? He hangs his outside tires out over embankments when taking turns!!

Mordeth
Old May 5, 2002, 08:33 PM

I dunno. Looks to me like he came in too hot/got sideways too early, and then did a nice smooth drift with a ton of sideways momentum ... until he left the track, at which point the side of his wheels found something in the dirt to dig into and turn the drift into a hardcore rollover. That might be wrong, though -- it's hard to tell exactly where he is relative to the track from the low quality video and view angle.

Still, I agree that until that point he was driving pretty damn nice. I don't know if drifting so much is the fastest way around the track, but maybe I'll get the chance to find out for myself, if the car ever makes it here. Hopefully none of us learn EVERYTHING this driver did, though..
Old May 5, 2002, 08:44 PM
GDB
Evolving Member

IMHO this guy drives fantastically. Really, not a sarcastic remark.

To drift the car through the corners (especially the esses) is enough evidence. He doesn't need to read the GT3 manual; I don't think he was trying to "go fast". He was just trying to have fun!

You don't need to go fast to have fun.

Is is just me or did anyone else notice the strewn pile of cones at the end of the straight before the corner?

Looks to me like he's already somehow lost control of the car at or before the turn-in point of the corner (hence knocking down the cones); it did look like he apexed too early and/or not approaching the corner from a wide arc, hence running out of room for the exit point.

BTW looks like an Evo RS. The boot has no felt/cloth lining that is exactly what I've seen in an RS (unless of course he takes out the lining to reduce weight and/or the lining fell out due to the crash).
Old May 5, 2002, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

door handles were not body color...so that should have given it away
Old May 5, 2002, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bent wheels and tow trucks make me cry
thank god for rollcages... memo to self... get a rollcage...

anyways... he drifted quite well seeing how he was driving an AWD...