Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Could these be the U.S specs???

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2002, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RaX
What pics?

Send me the pics please
You shoulda been up at 3AM EST and you coulda seen them RaX
Old May 7, 2002, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

For Dark Evo

Don't worry about the U.S. Evo VII not having AYC! If it doesn't shoot me an e-mail and I will sell you mine!
Old May 7, 2002, 07:31 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

What were the pictures? If you want to protect them from people stealing them, I can watermark the images for you and host them on here.

Mark
Old May 7, 2002, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

It was a Cedia Wag and Lancer Evo VII I told him to talk to you about it. I'm guessing he didn't. From my understanding his knowledge is given in confidence so if he wants more he has to keep it that way. The pics were nothing new though just some nice snaps.
Old May 8, 2002, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

evocrazy, if what doesn't shoot you an E-mail? If they don't come with AYC and it doesn't shoot you an E-mail than how much will you be selling it for? AYC is not AYC= , its all still up to preference. Nobody comment on my AYC comment because I don't want to discuss it here. No one has yet to answer my AYC/ACD question. Can they be installed if it doesn't come out here? Claudius, could you answer this question at all?
Old May 8, 2002, 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by KK
What were the pictures? If you want to protect them from people stealing them, I can watermark the images for you and host them on here.

Mark
hello Mark.

They were just pics of Lancer Wagon and EVO 7 LHD (GSR-equipped) pics I took while getting some OFFICIAL info. Just to show you guys that the cars I saw were not in auto shows or some computer-enhanced pics, but actual parking-lot pics I took while they were testing.

If you think I should share this with everyone, please tell me where to E-mail you the pics. thanks.

thanks loneeemeeee.
Old May 8, 2002, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Why are they dropping the boost? Are they putting the same turbo on it that's on the GTA?
Old May 8, 2002, 03:48 AM

no fmic?

man if that front mount intercooler is taken away and moved to the side, i will be one unhappy camper and im sure alot of the people who were considering the evo arent going to be so sure of their purchase now. i hope this is just a rumor.
Old May 8, 2002, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

shouldn't be a huge deteration to buying the car. You can always move the intercooler. If you want an evo than get an evo, if we're not getting the evo you want than get one and make it what you want. that's part of the fun of the game
Old May 8, 2002, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Pimpson
shouldn't be a huge deteration to buying the car. You can always move the intercooler. If you want an evo than get an evo, if we're not getting the evo you want than get one and make it what you want. that's part of the fun of the game
Agreed. You kids worry to much. The Rex has a stock side mount intercooler but did that stop people from buying FMIC's to put on 'em? Nope. Heck, even if you think about it, the STi has a top mount intercooler (hence the scoop on their hoods) which is just larger than the side mount (albeit with better air flow from said scoop). Tuning is all about gettin' your hands dirty!
Old May 8, 2002, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pjal84

Agreed.
agreed with you also, that's like 2wice today...see, "we all can just get along".
Old May 8, 2002, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Re: no fmic?

Originally posted by cary
man if that front mount intercooler is taken away and moved to the side, i will be one unhappy camper and im sure alot of the people who were considering the evo arent going to be so sure of their purchase now. i hope this is just a rumor.
Just about EVERYTHING you hear at this point is a rumor, other than the official press release Mitsu made a while back. They NEVER referenced the aftercooler.

There is no reason to get all upset over an UNVERIFIED, UNSUBSTANTIATED and possible FALSE AND MISLEADING rumor.

Moreover, even if they do move it, who cares?

Mordeth
Old May 8, 2002, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

I am more concerned with getting a "small" turbo that isn't good enough for much increased boost. I don't care if the intercooler is moved to the side a little...as long as it's the same size
BTW, GlobCLK is the one with probably the most reliable believable info in a while...he even has pics...that's why I'm interested in what he told us.
Old May 8, 2002, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by broeli
I am more concerned with getting a "small" turbo that isn't good enough for much increased boost. I don't care if the intercooler is moved to the side a little...as long as it's the same size
BTW, GlobCLK is the one with probably the most reliable believable info in a while...he even has pics...that's why I'm interested in what he told us.
Where did you hear it was getting a smaller turbo? Who said this? What verafiable reference do they have? Please tell me.

Mordeth
Old May 8, 2002, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

GlobeCLK said "boost will be dropped" in this thread. Then I asked if we were getting a smaller turbo like the GTA has (which has less boost). I was just asking and expressing my concern..nothing else, sorry for the confusion.

Quick Reply: Could these be the U.S specs???