Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Jack Opinions..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have one of the small HF aluminum jacks, and it's been OK, but I don't expect it to last more than another few years.

If you do some more shopping i think you could find somehting comparable locally to that AFF, although it does look nice. Northern Tools has a very good selection, better than HF in fact.

One day I'll get an AC jack, but there are alternatives. The corvette guys like the Omega 29023

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...c-dk13hlq.html

Northern carries an equivalent to this one, and I actually bought one. Luckily, the day I brought it home, my neighbor was selling one of these old school super stout long frame jacks.

G'luck
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good info, thanks

Originally Posted by IMPdemon

One day I'll get an AC jack, but there are alternatives. The corvette guys like the Omega 29023

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...c-dk13hlq.html
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lukerussell
iirc harbor freight had a small alum racing jack and a normal large racing jack. i have both. one for the garage and one to throw in the trailer when i go racing. the small one is really really really light. the normal big one is still pretty heavy, not easy to lift and move around, even though it's alum.

luke

oh yea, go to the store. they usually have specials even better than online. weird.
I agree with you, they have better deals in the store.

I got the HF 4 tons...the normal big one It's low profile, has the lifting capacity (with extra to spare) and can lift at a fairly good height. I use it for my minivan and car...
Old Nov 28, 2008, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a craftsman aluminum jack. It's been awesome. My recommendation is get the nicest one you can get/afford that will fit under your low car and be able to lift the highest. No need to over extend yourself but my jack has been one of my favorite tools I spent money on.