Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Great day for an accident

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck!!

You should have saluted him for taking full responsibility.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

same happened to me. got my car back today. i had a 08 cobolt rental. 28mpg ftw but it was a turd. lady did 3200 of damage to my jdm rear and my passenger side rear 1/4 panel. body shop did great job and because i had a jdm rear which is 400 bucks cheeper then the stock bumper i made money off the deal
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
same happened to me. got my car back today. i had a 08 cobolt rental. 28mpg ftw but it was a turd. lady did 3200 of damage to my jdm rear and my passenger side rear 1/4 panel. body shop did great job and because i had a jdm rear which is 400 bucks cheeper then the stock bumper i made money off the deal
DUDE, that sounds exactly what happen to me. My car is in the shop right now getting a new quarter panel and getting my JDM fixed..

weird
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:07 PM

insurance is a beautiful thing when you need it
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:25 PM

damn that sux bro, and anyway for that door just pull it out, slap a little bondo, polyester puddy and some paint itll be as good as new
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

I would off told him to give you money and get new doors.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:37 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it will not drop in value if they don't list it as damaged. If they do, then insist on loss of value.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Dang Carlos.. but it all good minor Damage... mmm u havent change ur advan tires lol!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
it will not drop in value if they don't list it as damaged. If they do, then insist on loss of value.
Geico's insisting that there isn't a loss of value in the state of Nevada. Idk, when I asked, I asked to see something in writing as I also called my insurance, but they also like I said earlier, told me that there isn't loss of value if it isn't frame damage.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOX1014
damn that sux bro, and anyway for that door just pull it out, slap a little bondo, polyester puddy and some paint itll be as good as new
It's actually a little more advanced than that. They are replacing the door skin for one.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you want to try a bit, if you have one of those suction things for moving glass, you could try to pull those dents out a lil bit by yourself. Just do it gradually, I pop'ed a few dents (big and small) out of a few friends cars back in high school (cause people dont know how to drive ).
Old Nov 20, 2008, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, like I said, the car is at the body shop getting repaired, so I will not be attempting to fix any of the damage myself.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

sucks man. sorry to hear.

and usually for damage like that they have to blent into the rear 1/4 and the front door. bit of a PITA, but I've seen my old man do it (body shop guy for 25+ years).

Good luck either way
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Man, I hope they do a quality job and just put a new door skin on. It's actually less work that way, and it would be a much cleaner repair. With damage like that, they will blend into your front door and obviously the rear quarter panel as well, because of the damage there. I hope everything turns out okay.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MasterNater
Man, I hope they do a quality job and just put a new door skin on. It's actually less work that way, and it would be a much cleaner repair. With damage like that, they will blend into your front door and obviously the rear quarter panel as well, because of the damage there. I hope everything turns out okay.
They are for sure replacing the door skin. They also will be repainting the side skirt and the very bottom of the rear quarter panel. One thing that does concern me is that they said they're just gonna fix the bottom portion of the quarter panel and didn't make any mention of blending into the rest of the quarter panel or the front door. So we'll see how good of a job they do. In total the repair is $1,395. Obviously the other driver's insurance is covering that. The thing that sucks is that they said waiting for the door skin to come in is what's gonna take the longest, so it's not gonna be finished till next wednesday the day before thanksgiving. I'm already tired of driving the rental. I miss my car, but as long as they do a good job, I'll be happy.

Quick Reply: Great day for an accident