Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

WRC Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRC Question

Hey Guys, I have a ton of WRC Magazines, and videos I have collected over the years that have everything from an Evo II to the Evo IX. It seems that all these WRC and Group N Rally cars run a stock, or a stock looking intercooler. Has anyone else noticed that? haha. Also, how much power do the WRC and Group N cars really have? I am not sure if those would be Dynoed or just Brake HP figures, but just curious. Mitsubishi still owns the Group N circuit with the Evo IX by the way......
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

surprisingly they have close to stock power they just have incredible brakes and suspension
Old Nov 21, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thee stig
surprisingly they have close to stock power they just have incredible brakes and suspension
Power wise, they are close to stock, but not torque wise. 400 ft-lbs or something like that I think.

Plus all the weight they drop off the car... that 300hp makes them crazy fast.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:56 AM
BBS
Evolved Member

They all use restrictors to control power output to keep cars on an even keel. Group N is bonestock.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Ya most of the rally cars are so fast because their light and have incredible suspension and brakes. As for power ive been told they are about the same hp 300 however they have antilag and other features which give them crazy torque all throughout the powerband. I think something like 500ft/lbs. Thats whats necessary to pull them out of the corners so fast!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

The Post

Yeah its amazing how they get so much torque, just tuning? or are they running different turbos? I guess we don't know since we are here in the USA and not in the UK. But, I agree, take off 200 lbs of junk like insolation, and such, but they do run a roll cage, and a spare tire, full spare, so that adds wieght. I am curious too how much the sequential trannies they use in WRC take any power away? Group N runs the stock trannies, mainly 5 spds, but have seen them use the 6 spd on road courses in the UK. So I guess it all depends. I wonder what suspension tweaks they use on street? Coil overs I imagine? Just curious. Thanks guys for all your input....