Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

exhaust smell in car hlp!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fugiwara
This is normal, just think about it, there is a "recirculation bottom" you can push, everytime i get into the car this is the first botton I press, you should make it a habit. if you don't press it outside air can enter the car.
yeah i usually use that button too, it just last night i was driving with the heater on and not max ac and it turned recirc off by itself. thats when i noticed it.
i guess ill put this in the parinoid file
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evascst
yeah i usually use that button too, it just last night i was driving with the heater on and not max ac and it turned recirc off by itself. thats when i noticed it.
i guess ill put this in the parinoid file
its okay to smell a little, but if it stinks too much then something is wrong. my buddy also tells me he smells it.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
its okay to smell a little, but if it stinks too much then something is wrong. my buddy also tells me he smells it.
cool thanks for the info man, like i said its not constant its just here and there.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Definbitely close the recirc button on the A/C right as you start the car. I only smell things when I'm sitting in traffic or if I give it some gas and then have to stop right away. But driving normally I don't smell anything.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a very small exhaust leak and had the same problem. Take a piece of paper and put it near all the joints of the exhaust system, if the paper starts vibrating, you have an exhaust leak there. It should be pretty obvious with a piece of paper rather than just using your ears and eyes.
Dan
Old Nov 26, 2008, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rawkus
I had a very small exhaust leak and had the same problem. Take a piece of paper and put it near all the joints of the exhaust system, if the paper starts vibrating, you have an exhaust leak there. It should be pretty obvious with a piece of paper rather than just using your ears and eyes.
Dan
that is awesome! i never thought of that. holy crap ive been seriously under my car like every once in a while using my ears and eyes and getting dizzy but with no real solutions. lol
Old Nov 26, 2008, 02:00 PM
Account Disabled

Just go to Autozone and buy their exhaust sealer stuff. Comes in a little container and just put it on the flanges and let dry. It will create the best seal so exhaust gas in not leaking through your vents. Used it as a last resort on the v-band back housing to a friends Supra cause the v-band was bent and surprisingly, it worked perfect.