Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:25 AM
iy
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hit and Run

So I stopped my car in front of my house for a second today to pick up my g/f. I heard a smack and then my alarm went off. Ran outside, and a white/silver corolla took off. Realized once I went to my car that they had hit it. The door now scrapes a bit when I open and close.

Worst thing is I think I know the person lives in my neighborhood...although there are so many white or silver corollas that who knows which one it is. I know the spot they were parked in though.

Do I have any recourse other than insurance? I have comprehensive but it's a $1,000 deductible.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

Call Police and get the hit and run report. Then call insurance.
I had hit and run last year at parking lot. I was driving my car without knowing it was hit. Found out day after when friend told me him and 3 others saw it happened. Called police and made report but police was too lazy to make real report out of it.
Called insurance and they told me no matter what I have to pay my deductible unless you catch the bastard who hit your car. They told me it could even goto court and long process so I gave up and driving with dent on my rear bumper.
Its only 1/2inch dent so I really didnt care much.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

I got hit almost three weeks ago, he ran.. and i couldnt catch him

I get it back tuesday hopefully! Hollur
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

That sucks, i hate that their are people like that driving around. If you see the corolla you think did it maybe casually check out there car and see if there is any of your paint or damage. If it looks good enough you can confront them.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would spend the rest of the weekend looking for that SOB. Definitely call the police and file a report, then turn the bastard in when you find them.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear =(

I had a hit and run a year or two back. I went to my buddies apartment complex and the Evo was parked out front in the provided angled street parking . Came out a few hours later and found my left rear was all pucked up. Some piece of crap tagged my wing, trunk lid, rear bumper, and left taillight with the paneling near it. It looked like there was an idiot that doesn't know how to park.

From the visible damage it looked like the idiot was coming at an angle and due to the tire marks on my lower left rear bumper I assumed they were trying to get in/out of the angled stall next to me. Of course, they can't forget the part where they scrape the hell out of my beautiful Evo in the process. I investigated a bit in the area but didn't find any suspicious things, the culprits were long gone =\. All I knew was the guy probably lived somewhere close and it looked like possibly a white car (I have a TB Evo and there was quite a bit of white paint). Filed with the police and insurance. Cops won't do diddly of course but had to do it for insurance purposes. Evo got repaired but I'm sad she is no longer a virgin.

Anyways after I got over my fear of parking the Evo anywhere I was back at the same friends apartment complex maybe a month later. I spotted a white bronco with some damage down the right side of it. Hmmm what do you know, it looks like all the damage is pretty much level with the Wing and Bumper damage on my car. I knew at that point that legally everything was wrapped up and there was nothing else left to be done.... but emotionally, I wasn't quite there yet. Revenge is sweet. Called my buddy and met him somewhere else, I didn't want to stick around.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

id go around the neighborhood looking at every white/silver corolla for the damage.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sl0ev0
id go around the neighborhood looking at every white/silver corolla for the damage.
+1
There going to have some sign of your paint on there car.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:25 AM
iy
Evolving Member

Looked at it this morning. Not as bad as I thought. I bent the fender out a little bit to stop it from rubbing and it looks mostly aligned. There is a small wrinkle in the wheel well but other than that it looks pretty much straight. I had to look at it from a funny angle to see where the dent was. Scratches buffed out easy...I think they just kissed it.

My deductible is one grand...a new fender can be had for $350. Anyone know how much it is to repaint/replace a fender?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iy

Worst thing is I think I know the person lives in my neighborhood...although there are so many white or silver corollas that who knows which one it is. I know the spot they were parked in though.
It's the one that has damage and paint from your car on it now. How hard could it be to find?

File a police report immediately. Then go around your neighborhood with you camera over the next few days and find that car. Photograph the damage, the license plate, and the VIN and then call the police again later after you've collected that evidence.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by sl0ev0
DIDO on this one!
sorry to hear, that really sucks!
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yea i agree with everone else....id look for it...and make them pay for it..lol, i had some old man hit my car parking...next to me in the handicap spot next to mine...and i saw it and made him pay for it
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cars trade paint when they touch. Find that little Toyota and get the tags/vin#. Then stomp that ****'s teeth in.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
samething happened to me over a year ago. I was at my gf house and i heard a loud smack that made my alarm go off. I ran outside and a saw a 96ish red integra run. Called the police did a report. I had damage on the driver side back quater panel, however my deductible is 1k but the body shop said it would cost me $600. I took a lost.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run