Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Seatbelt Chime w/ Harness's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seatbelt Chime w/ Harness's

I'm planning on getting a harness bar and 4 point harnesses.

I was just wondering if the seatbelt sound (the beep that plays when you don't have on your seatbelt) will go off when I'm using the harnesses.

Does this happen with everyone who runs harnesses instead of their stock seatbelts?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:50 PM
Account Disabled

yes it will i have a harness but i dont us it for daily driving but when i do i just plug my stock belt in and sit over it thats all
Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are two wires that go into the "clicky" part of the seatbelt. Cut the wires and tie them together. No more ding ding!
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yooyooyoo
there are two wires that go into the "clicky" part of the seatbelt. Cut the wires and tie them together. No more ding ding!
Are there any threads or HOW TO's to do this?

And will it make me fail inspection or anything?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

No how to that I know of... Sorry. I only figured it out b/c I put in a harness and the dinging was driving me nuts. I'm not sure what inspection you're talking about.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, well I have never actually looked where the clicky part is before. Was it easy to do? Is there any way you could take any pictures, at your leisure.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

hey man i have a bar and harnesses.. just unplug the connector under the seat no light and no chiming noise
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Where is the connector under the seat?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Harness for DD?? A little over kill IMO, a friend of mine was in a under 25 MPH wreck and got a bad case of whiplash, the guy with the seatbelt was fine.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by E VOL IX
hey man i have a bar and harnesses.. just unplug the connector under the seat no light and no chiming noise
Actually.....i didn't even realize it had stopped...i've had my car completely stripped out for about a month, start it up every now and again to keep it running, with no seat belts in the car anywhere......never chimes or dings....w00t
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
Hmm, well I have never actually looked where the clicky part is before. Was it easy to do? Is there any way you could take any pictures, at your leisure.
It was real easy. I would like to take pictures but my car is completely stripped and caged and never driven on the street. My drivers seat I had pulled out (again easy, four bolts and its out) but I don't think you need to do that.

There is a wire (two wires) that go into the "clicky" part of the seatbelt. Basically I'm guessing it completes a circuit so that when you click the seatbelt in it either pushes a switch or maybe even runs the circuit through the belt end itself.

Just cut that wire, strip the ends and twist them together and cover with electrical tape or whatever. Leave enough room on the wire so that you can "undo" it if you ever want to sell the car or whatever.

Dinging stops.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

It was real easy. I would like to take pictures but my car is completely stripped and caged and never driven on the street. My drivers seat I had pulled out (again easy, four bolts and its out) but I don't think you need to do that.

There is a wire (two wires) that go into the "clicky" part of the seatbelt. Basically I'm guessing it completes a circuit so that when you click the seatbelt in it either pushes a switch or maybe even runs the circuit through the belt end itself.

Just cut that wire, strip the ends and twist them together and cover with electrical tape or whatever. Leave enough room on the wire so that you can "undo" it if you ever want to sell the car or whatever.

Dinging stops.
Not necessary, Just unplug the clip.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Dinging stops.
Sounds like what your doing might actually make the dinging happen all the time
Old Nov 25, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

haha, yea, maybe I suck. Don't listen to me. I coulda swore thats what I did a while back. Whoops. Sorry dude.