Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so you guys know...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2003, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awwww yeah... i KNEW IT!! hehe.. now its my turn.

congrats!
Old Sep 8, 2003, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Hey man, yeah it is! Get on that, you will be very happy.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by webguy330i
Dude I don't know if I'd trade an M3 for an Evo, but the 330 was doable.

What year is your M? Options? Colors? I am still infatuated with that car.

Web, it's a 98 M3 Titanium Silver fully loaded. I just can't get myself to trade or sell her. I think I know deep down I am going to keep her and still get the Evo.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats, dude...welcome to AWD heaven!!!
Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

EvoM3, I was thinking e46! My bad... hmm for an e36? I dunno... I'd still have issues if I were attached to it like you are. My 330 was a lease so I would have to have given it up in 10 months anyhow.

Nova, thanks!! It's definitely the good life.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats! Now just check it for body rust, loss of power and cutting out over 5k in wet weather, check for water in the intake piping after driving in rain, protect the intercooler's weak fins from damage, cover that driver's side rear wheelwell front arch from stone chips, wear golf gloves when you drive so your steering wheel doesn't erode away, don't rest your arms on the mouse-fur armrests so they dont' wear away, remove the restrictor and replace the rubber clutch line with SS braided line, and don't forget to get 5th gear replaced and notation of the deceleration noise made at the dealership so if Mitsu ever actually does a recall like the wiring harness insulation one, you're supposedly covered by it even though they will refuse to replace anything because you race and abuse your car. And take your plates off if you DO go to the track and always go easy on the clutch.

Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by JRock
Congrats! Now just check it for body rust, loss of power and cutting out over 5k in wet weather, check for water in the intake piping after driving in rain, protect the intercooler's weak fins from damage, cover that driver's side rear wheelwell front arch from stone chips, wear golf gloves when you drive so your steering wheel doesn't erode away, don't rest your arms on the mouse-fur armrests so they dont' wear away, remove the restrictor and replace the rubber clutch line with SS braided line, and don't forget to get 5th gear replaced and notation of the deceleration noise made at the dealership so if Mitsu ever actually does a recall like the wiring harness insulation one, you're supposedly covered by it even though they will refuse to replace anything because you race and abuse your car. And take your plates off if you DO go to the track and always go easy on the clutch.

You forgot to remind me not to drive the car too, don't want that clutch slipping at 1k miles!
Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

EvoM3, I was thinking e46! My bad... hmm for an e36? I dunno... I'd still have issues if I were attached to it like you are. My 330 was a lease so I would have to have given it up in 10 months anyhow.

Nova, thanks!! It's definitely the good life.

Yeah man, I know the Evo is a hands down much better all around performer than the E36 M3 but I am sooooo attached to this car. Probably when I test drive one I'll change my mind. I'm gonna give my local dealer a call.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck man, you will love it for sure especially since you're used to the hardcore e36 ride compliance.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck man, you will love it for sure especially since you're used to the hardcore e36 ride compliance.
OMG I just spoke to my salesman less than a week ago. They had 4 left. 1 apex silver 1 rally red and 2 tarmac. Now the two tarmacs are sold. Fargk.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Don't worry they can locate one for you no problem. That's how I got my blue w/ the sunroof.